What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who is good with computers??

i have a emachines computer - which is junk - anyhow i'm trying to install my digital camera cd format so that i can start to download pictures on line. when i go to run to read the cd i get this error - the procedure entry point GETC5rrentProcess could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll. emachines tech support is a joke they never know what the heck they are talking about i swear.... can someone help me out- thanks Jeff

what kind of digital camera is it?
you dont necessarily need to install the software on the CD..
Do you take the card out of the camera, then put the card into a "card reader" that is attached to your computer..
or..
is the actual camera itself attached to the computer with a cord?
Scot

hi- kodak easyshare cx4200 you have to plug it into the harddrive.

You plug it in your hard drive? That is really odd? Most digital camera have USB adaptors that plug into your computer. Sometimes you do not need the software that the company gave you (it is not often but weirder things have happened).
As for that Kernell32.dll, I hate that error. Most of the time it is something to do with your memory management, input/output operations, and interrupts. When you start Windows, Kernel32.dll is loaded into a protected memory space so that other programs do not take over that memory space. I ended up buying a new memory stick and have no troubles yet. *knocking on wood* Most of that I got off the web looking around for endless hours.

travis

ok, getting closer!

what are the specs of your computer?
you need at least:

WINDOWS 98, 2000, Millennium Edition, or XP OS
233 MHz processor or greater
64MB RAM (128MB RAM for WINDOWS XP)
200MB hard drive disk space available
CD-ROM drive
Available USB port
Color monitor, 800x600 pixels (16-bit or 24-bit recommended)

does your computer meet those requirements?
the easyshare dock should just plug into your computer with a USB cable.
im not sure if you need to install the specific Kodak software to download images to your computer..
it might just be a image viewing program, which isnt necessary..
although there might be a driver on that Kodak disk, which you might need..

what happens when you attach the dock to the computer with the USB cable, put the camera on the dock, and press the button?

Scot

If your computer meets the above specs you should be able to plug it into the usb device. If a window doesn't pop up saying it detects new hardware, go to the add hardware tab and tell it to search. It should find the device and give it a drive label.

If your computer doesn't meet the above requirments use it as a doorstop and get a new one.

Casper

Just so you know... like Travis said, the Kernel32.dll error is usually associated with memory, however, it IS the core of your operating system... so... if you have had lots of OS problems with it in the past, I would be weary of that maybe.

If your specs are up to par you might also try doing a windows update, this overwrites sometimes corrupted files... it's a shot in the dark at best, but it works suprisingly often.

If you end up having to get new RAM, or for that matter, ever need to buy new parts for a computer (or accessories) I highly reccomend www.newegg.com, I have found them to generally have the best prices on the web, and they carry great stuff.

Have you checked Kodak's website for software updates? Perhaps they already know about the problem and have a patch available. Also, try calling Kodak or emailing them for help.

It looks like the latest EasyShare Software release for Windows is May, 2003.

Some camara software requires that you to install the software first before you hook up the camara so that the proper drivers are already on the computer when you hook the camara up the first time.
Just a thought (based on experience "I don't need the stinking manual").

hey guys thanks for the replies- i did what travis said to do and just plugged the camera cord in and spent about two hrs downloading photos and have more to go- haha

thanks -Jeff

Back