I've have moist LFS sealed in food containers out in the tropical sun. It's been a month or more but the only thing that is green appears to be algae [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img]
So, some questions:
1. Must the setup be cool? The tropical heat is 30 degrees C and I'd imagine it to be hotter in the box.
2. Do I need to mist it continuously or can I leave it moist sealed in the container? Does it need to be almost under water or just moist?
3. How much light is needed? It's now outside in the sun so it probably gets 12 hrs of direct sunlight a day.
4. Do I need to chop them up? Does this make a difference?
5. Finally, is there a "sterile" form of LFS? I mean, could they be dried so much that it is impossible to get new growth out of them?