What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Opinions please...

Travis,

I can't seem to find the dead picture you are talking about. Could you post a link to where it is?
rock.gif

SF

That looks really good, Snowy.
smile.gif
Great job!

Here is the link (it is the N. Coccinea that does not show up). It is between the Falcon and the flower. I am not sure but just shows up as an X on my computer.

Travis

hey Snoy Falcon!

Looking good. THe only thing I noticed was that during the movie when the Nepenthes is coming on screen from stage left, and the pictures are loading, there is a discernable pause (and I have broadband.)

what version of flash are you using? I am still using Flash MX (has 2004 come out yet or not... I know there is a demo floating around out there.) anyhow, if your using flash MX I would reccomend doing the following:

One, think of maybe using a pre-loader, it's a short simple move that uses nothing but vector graphics (which are transmitted as mathmatics, and are therefore super fast to load even on small computers.) Making a loader does require some familiarity with Flash Action Scripting... if you don't know how to action script, you should try visiting one of the many hundreds of flash websites... just do a google search on action script tutorials and i gurantee you will find one for a loader.

Another way to speed it up is to make sure your using .Gif's in your movie, and not jpegs, go into something like photoshop and do a 'save for the web' and pick the lowest file size as compared to the visual quality you are prepared to compromise.

You definately got the flash bug... I have a final revision on a really cool map I have been building going in today... the file is 227 KB's finished, and I have ripped that down from over 700KB's... it's been an adventure, but I still think I might need to put a pre-loader on it, so I am working on one right now... when the flash goes live, I'll put a link up so you can see it.

OH.. one last thing...

when you do a test movie, there is an option to 'test streaming' if you turn it on, there are speeds defaulted in that you can test, one of them is 56K, which IMHO is the slowest speed one need be concerned with (Honestly people, if your still using something slower than a 56K modem, it's time to upgrade!)
smile.gif
Then you can see what your putting your audience through when your publishing a movie... it always suprises me... having been broadband for over 4 years now, I can't remember the bad ol' days of slow as molases dial up connections... ahhh.... thank GOD!
smile.gif
:;):

If you need any help with future flash projects, let me know...

oh... and the avatar there... that was done in flash too!

looks great! Like someone said, the end of the intro looked like it was leading up to some great cp pic, then all that comes up is 'much more'
tounge.gif
tounge.gif
ghostface.gif

Does anyone have any videos of CPs catching/eating of bugs that I could use? I will put your name next to your shot for giving credit where credit is due.

SF

OK, I THINK I updated it to be easier on dialup connections. Could someone try it again and tell me how jerky it is this time? Any change?

SF

Back