What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Plant-a-Kiss

Thank you so much for the fairy moss, the fire fern, and the Tolkien Orchid cultivar 'Shelob'. All arrived today in good form along with some great CP print outs and other goodies.

I have been dying for something to put in the new Phytocytorium, and this really fits the bill. The plants will have a place of honor in my room, and I will smile whenever I see them.

You are the best gift of all though, and apparently, one gift that keeps giving! Thanks for the wonderful surprise!

Wow.  Well how about that.  
wow.gif
 And its daylight and everything.
wow.gif
 Thank you!  
smile.gif

I'm glad you liked it.  I hope the orchid made it ok...I had to bend it a bit at the tip.  I meant to put a note in...it is a Miltassia (Brassia x Miltonia).  I knew when I saw the name Tolkien, it would best be suited in your care.  
wink.gif

But you are wrong on one count.  YOU are the best gift of all and I'll never let you forget it.  
biggrin.gif

Now, don't get into a bowing match with me or y'all drive me to drink. Hush all that up now, ya hear?

I can out bow you aaaaany time.
tounge.gif

You need some work on that southern ack-sent. I think if you learn the proper way to eat country ham, that would help you a lot. Oh and you need a bowl of Brunswick stew, too.
smile.gif
Even better....c'mon down and I'll give you personal instruction. hehe

PlantAKiss, you must be talkin' about that ham that takes days or even weeks to prepare it. I'm trying to type the word YUM as I drool all over my keyboard. I don't know about Brunswick stew, but I'm betting it goes great with Southern cornbread.:O

I'm talking about delicous, salt-cured country ham...that takes months cure.
biggrin.gif
The top of the line is Smithfield ham from Smithfield Virgina. That ham is shipped all over the world. Country ham isn't to everyone's taste...its very salty...but eaten properly (ahem!) with all the fixin's, its a delicacy. Country ham, biscuits, redeye gravy, mashed potatoes, string beans or butter beans, corn bread, corn pudding, spoon bread.....*drool!* (BTW...McDonalds has a pretty good country ham biscuit...at least around here they do).

And on to Brunswick stew! Its delicious! The best is made by various organizations that do it to raise money...its slow-cooked for hours and hours in huge outdoor cauldrons over a fire. I thought everyone had had Brunswick stew 'til I found out Tamlin had never heard of it!
wow.gif
Never heard of Brunswick stew! And you know what's really good with Brunswick stew? Ham biscuits!!
biggrin.gif
laugh.gif

Ok...now I'm craving ham and stew. Thanks Alan. lol

All yawl c'mon down for some good ol' Southern cookin'!

Yawl come back now!

Suzanne

OK Suzanne, you done went and got me started. I couldn't get if off my mind so I stopped and bought all of the goodies for a big pot of beef stew and a big slab of southern cornbread to go with it! And boy did we pork out on it.
biggrin.gif

I won't blame you for my state of misery, because I know it wasn't you who made my mouth open everytime my elbow bent while my hand was holding that spoon and shoveling it in, if ya know what I mean.

I like to cook, so next time I am going to try a hand a making Brunswick stew. Thanks for the idea.

Alan

Yum...I love beef stew as well (garlic bread is good with it). I've made Brunswick stew once and I surprised myself...it came out pretty good! Of course it wasn't totally authentic not being cooked in a cauldron over an open fire, but still...not bad! A blob of sour cream is good added to a bowl of both beef or Brunswick stew.

By the way, there are two Brunswick counties that fight over the origin of Brunswick stew. One is in VA and I believe the other in NC. Of course I say VA started it.
biggrin.gif

Back