What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

There is a Bay Area Carnivorous Plant society meeting coming up a week from Saturday! Anyone who can should come check it out. There is always a good sale, raffle, silent auctions, etc. I'll be bringing lots of stuff for trade/donation. Here's some more info:

Location: University of California Botanical Garden, Berkeley
Date: November 8, 2003, Saturday
Time: 12:00 Noon
Program: Tuan Nguyen: ³From the Land of Head Hunters to the Land of Convicts: Carnivorous Plants of Borneo and Southwestern Australia"

Follow a journey into the steamy dark jungles of Borneo, and then experience the arid contrasts of Southwestern Australia. Tuan will lead us on an exploration of the unique flora and fauna of these two isolated land masses. See habitat shots of Nepenthes campanulata, N. villosa and N. northiana. Peek into the enthralling flowers of Amorphophallus and the giant Rafflesia. Marvel at pygmy Droseras, Utricularias, Cephalotus, and native terrestrial orchids. This slide show will delight plant enthusiasts and adventure travelers alike.

Tuan has had many years of experience growing a wide assortment of exotic plants, including carnivorous plants. He worked with Ch¹ien Lee at Malesiana Tropicals, during which time he visited remote Nepenthes sites never seen before by outsiders. Many of us have seen Tuan's artistic plant displays at the BACPS meetings. His photography was recently featured at a local show.

An approximate meeting schedule is as follows:

12noon - Social, Display Table, Sale
1:00pm - Announcements and Program
2:15pm - Show and Tell, Silent Auction, Auction
To promote availability of interesting plants and other items, we encourage each member to bring one or two things for the raffle, silent auction, auction, or sale.

The University Of California Botanical Garden is located on Centennial Drive above the main U.C. Berkeley campus, between the Stadium and the Lawrence Hall of Science. There is a parking fee and entrance fee. Once in the garden walk down the paved road to the meeting hall on your right hand side. For more detailed directions, please call the Information Center at 510-643-2755 or consult their website http://botanicalgarden.berkeley.edu/ or the BACPS web site www.bacps.org.

Capslock

Bumping. Meeting is tomorrow! Bring stuff! I'll be donating some neps and drosera to the raffle and/or auction.

Capslock

I'm totally bummed...I have to leave town tonight so I'm going to miss it
sad.gif

Damon

I'm bummed because I live on the east coast and can't go.
sad.gif

But y'all have fun in spite of the fact I'm not there. haha!
smile.gif
Take lots of pics and post them when you can. Its fun seeing everything that way.

wow, that was short notice...ill see if i can go

Back