Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: C02 injection system

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe someone should try a controlled experiment with CO2.

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I made a very primative co2 system a couple of years ago. I put baking soda in a bowl, then I put vinegar in a bottle. I put a paper towel in the bottle, so that one end of the paper towel was in the vinegar and the other end hangs over the side of the bottle. I placed the bottle in the bowl of baking soda. The paper towel absorbed the vinegar and it would drip on the baking soda. Causing a chemical reation that created co2.

I now use a more nature co2 system, 3 lizards in my grow room.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CO2 is commonly used for aquatic plants with fantastic results. It is also used in comercial plant production. Go to any Hydro shop for more info on this... LOL!!!

I found that my aldrovanda grew fantasicly with CO2 but only after I increased the rate of trace element feed. It is most usefull when plants are grown in close proximity with little fesh air as the plants can strip the available CO2 quite quickly. Something as simple as burning a candle can make a fair difference in a large area. I have been told number of comercial plant growers heat hot houses with gas burners letting some of the CO2 into the hothouse for the plants.

Food for thought
    George

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am not using Co2 right now simply because I am out, but my tank has always done better with it. Plants, as far as I know (this is definately true of aquatic plants, not sure terrestrials) respirate c02 and oxygen out during the day, and at night it is exactly the opposite, though, not neccissarily at the same rate.

When I do inject C02, I do so two hours after the lights go on, to two hours before it goes off... light is a big player in how much a plant can handle... so when the lights are out, it's pointless, even detrimental. Oh, and I have a big 20 gallon tank designed to dissolve calcium for a saltwater system... I would say that using the poor mans CO2 injector system (which is designed for aquatic plants) in this situation would just make your room smell bad, also, that reaction is highly unstable, and you may end up making your entire tank go anoxic and killing off all the good micro-organisms in your tank... I say no to that.... to risky... if you can do it with a real system, that's one thing, anything else and your asking for trouble.
    \"Maybe in order to understand mankind, we have to look at the word itself: \"Mankind\". Basically, it\'s made up of two separate words - \"mank\" and \"ind\". What do these words mean ? It\'s a mystery, and that\'s why so is mankind.\" ~ Jack Handey

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12