Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: C02 injection system

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy

i was looking in the pft gallery and i saw that in the first gallery in the 7 th picture http://www.**********.com/gallery/egpics.html , there are c02 injectors and it says that it makes the plants grow better and healthier . well i have this idea with my co2 generator that i used for my aldrovanda . the one where you get a 1 gallon container , add in yeast and sugar , and water and all this other material and it creates carbon dioxide . do you think this will work and actually make the plants gorw better and does using the aldrovanda carbon dioxide generator the same method as the co2 injector that pft has ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i don't know if co2 injectors help much. remember that plants need oxygen too. in a sealed container, one of these can put the co2 to o2 ratio to a undesireable level. anywho, i don't recommend it, but the health of pfts plants in their pics makes me think... Zongyi [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/tounge.gif[/img]
    What you want to do is illeagle here in Canada.
    Email does not work! Use PM or yangzongyi@hotmail.com instead.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Carbon dioxyde concentration does a lot to plants growth, but in the case of carnivorous plants, I don't know. I think I've read somewhere that CP has a limitant factor which don't give the CO2 his 'plain' power on these plants. Nutrients? I don't know... I'll try to find this back.

One thing is sure, CO2 really improve plants growth in optimal condition (a lot of light... good T...), even a slight difference of it (such as a breathing person) in a room make a difference in the growth of plant.

I made one once for aquarium plants, with the same equipement you listed, and the plants reacted very fast to it... The results? An healthy aquarium filled with nice green plants [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img].

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nepenthes Gracilis told me to blow into the bag my n. bicalcarata was in for (partly) for the co2.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got an idea... Dry ice is made up of CO2. If CO2 helps CP growth then could i get some dry ice and melt it in a cooler then pour the CO2 onto the plant? Or put the dry ice in a liter bottle and lead a hose under the pot to pump in the CO2 fumes?
    Quit reading my mind!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hmmm, i never thought of it as it will make any difference. Zongyi
    What you want to do is illeagle here in Canada.
    Email does not work! Use PM or yangzongyi@hotmail.com instead.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use it in my highland grow chamber and love it! They grow so much faster with it. My N. rajah I had for about 8 months and it grow very little in size(but made lots of new leaves) I have had it with the CO2 for the last 6 months it was 3 5/8 when I started now it is 10 3/4 inch!!!
    -Jeremiah-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    cool jeremiah , i guess i'll try but did the plant make only leave or did it make pitchers as well and were the pitcher improved by color , size or anything ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast