Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: C02 injection system

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy

i was looking in the pft gallery and i saw that in the first gallery in the 7 th picture http://www.petflytrap.com/gallery/egpics.html , there are c02 injectors and it says that it makes the plants grow better and healthier . well i have this idea with my co2 generator that i used for my aldrovanda . the one where you get a 1 gallon container , add in yeast and sugar , and water and all this other material and it creates carbon dioxide . do you think this will work and actually make the plants gorw better and does using the aldrovanda carbon dioxide generator the same method as the co2 injector that pft has ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i don't know if co2 injectors help much. remember that plants need oxygen too. in a sealed container, one of these can put the co2 to o2 ratio to a undesireable level. anywho, i don't recommend it, but the health of pfts plants in their pics makes me think... Zongyi
    What you want to do is illeagle here in Canada.
    Email does not work! Use PM or yangzongyi@hotmail.com instead.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Carbon dioxyde concentration does a lot to plants growth, but in the case of carnivorous plants, I don't know. I think I've read somewhere that CP has a limitant factor which don't give the CO2 his 'plain' power on these plants. Nutrients? I don't know... I'll try to find this back.

One thing is sure, CO2 really improve plants growth in optimal condition (a lot of light... good T...), even a slight difference of it (such as a breathing person) in a room make a difference in the growth of plant.

I made one once for aquarium plants, with the same equipement you listed, and the plants reacted very fast to it... The results? An healthy aquarium filled with nice green plants .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nepenthes Gracilis told me to blow into the bag my n. bicalcarata was in for (partly) for the co2.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got an idea... Dry ice is made up of CO2. If CO2 helps CP growth then could i get some dry ice and melt it in a cooler then pour the CO2 onto the plant? Or put the dry ice in a liter bottle and lead a hose under the pot to pump in the CO2 fumes?
    Quit reading my mind!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hmmm, i never thought of it as it will make any difference. Zongyi
    What you want to do is illeagle here in Canada.
    Email does not work! Use PM or yangzongyi@hotmail.com instead.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use it in my highland grow chamber and love it! They grow so much faster with it. My N. rajah I had for about 8 months and it grow very little in size(but made lots of new leaves) I have had it with the CO2 for the last 6 months it was 3 5/8 when I started now it is 10 3/4 inch!!!
    -Jeremiah-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    cool jeremiah , i guess i'll try but did the plant make only leave or did it make pitchers as well and were the pitcher improved by color , size or anything ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast