User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: My Website

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi everyone,I just started my first website.Please let me know what you think. www.freewebs.com/cool85k5/

Thanks,Jerry

VFT and Drosera lover vft guy in SJ's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks good Cool85k5, One thing I would modify is this:

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Feeding: If your fly trap is in an area where it cannot get insects on it's own
    (inside the house) then it will be necessary to feed it an insect about once a month.
    This is not true.. VFTs produce all they need to live on through photosynthesis. Insects are merely a nutritional supplament. Insects will provide nutrients that will help promote growth, but it is not "necessary" to feed a VFT at all.

Steve
    There are only 2 infinite things... the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not too sure about the universe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation

I agree with vft guy, but I'd also like to note that I've found that VFTs even indoors manage to catch the occasional bug especially when placed on a windowsill. I found they caught a bug, roughly about once a month. It is pretty hard to make a room bug free! I have to admit, VFTs are pretty adept little bug catching plants.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks vft guy,jhaluska,I'll change it soon.

Jerry [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very nice look. Did you do the design with Freeweb tools?

I suggest a bit more whitespace. &nbsp; is your friend (that lets you put more than one blank space between sentences). Use of <b>bold</b>, <i>italics</i> and such to enhance the text can be helpful, too. Also, CPs has no apostrophe.

In the neps section, i disagree with the statement that the sun needs to be indirect. Some (many?) nepenthes do fine with a few hours of direct sun- at least this far north- if they're allowed to adjust to it. I have a highland alata on my windowsill, and it seems to like the few hours of sun it gets. Also, rather than saying that highland neps "like" the temp range you give, perhaps you should say that many of them "need" that temperature to survive.
    There's no 'a' in perlite.

My Growlist
    NECPS.org - New England CP growers unite!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks D muscipula,for the input.Yes I did it with the freewebs tools.Thank you for the advice,I will update the information soon.

Jerry