What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lunar Eclipse

Hi there! I was wondering if anyone else watched the lunar eclipse earlier this evening? It was pretty cool! The moon started out full and then slowly it became a smaller and smaller crescent. Around 8 PM EST it became a full eclipse and only glowed a very dull reddish color. There were also tons of stars out. Probably the most i've ever seen! I think a lunar eclipse happens when the earth blocks the sun's rays from reaching the moon. And a solar eclipse is the opposite, in which the moon blocks the sun's rays from reaching earth.

-buckeye

Yep, we watched it, too.  Absolutely awesome!  Especially when you consider it maybe will happen twice a year.  And then you can only see it if it's not cloudy.  It will happen twice next year then not again until 2007.
And did you know about the harmonic concordance that happened tonight?

Nope. It was cloudy. Just as it bacame full again all the clouds were gone.
sad.gif

Andrew

How do you like that?  The cloudy northeast had a break at the right time for a change!  
rock.gif

Its been raining here since about 6 pm.. (its now 10 and still VERY overcast) 300 sunny days per year and it picks TONIGHT to rain
sad.gif
oh well what can ya do? lol.. hope ya all enjoyed
biggrin.gif

Steve

Very neat!  

What exactly is a harmonic convergence? Does it have something to do with the temperature being ridiculously low?
rock.gif

The harmonic convergence formed a six pointed star of stars and planets. The gateway between the worlds was at its thinnest, enabling the reception of the Aquarian intelligence to permeate human consciousness, and may signify the true dawning of the Aquarian Age. Or so 'tis said. The eclipse was fully visable here for the duration.

I saw it and it was so cool.

I forgot and I MISSED IT!! I WASN'T PAYING ATTENTION TO THE TIME!! *kicks herself*

I saw it and it was awsome. A very beautiful and special occurence.
smile.gif
It always makes the moon look more three dimensional.

yeah, i saw it too. it was spectacular!
wow.gif
. theres gonna be one next year on october
biggrin.gif
. Zongyi

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Tamlin Dawnstar @ Nov. 08 2003,3:29)]The harmonic convergence formed a six pointed star of stars and planets.  The gateway between the worlds was at its thinnest, enabling the reception of the Aquarian intelligence to permeate human consciousness, and may signify the true dawning of the Aquarian Age.  Or so 'tis said.  The eclipse was fully visable here for the duration.
Woah, that's trippy. What exactly is the Aquarian Age? I would prefer an aquarium age... ;)

There is approx. a couple of thousand years in an "age."  The 'ages' go in the opposite order of how we now look at the signs of the zodiac.  We have just left the age of Pisces (some believe we are still in it & won't truly be in Aquarius for a few hundred more years yet) & Christ was central to the age of Pisces.  I don't pretend to know everything about it, it's quite complex.  If you have an interest, try typing in Aquarian Age in a search engine & see what you get - a whole range of philosophies!
The terms harmonic convergence & harmonic concordance have been used interchangeably but I don't think they mean the same thing.  It's just a confusion in unfamiliar terms.  What occurred last evening was harmonic concordance, the grand sextile.  (Before you start getting all excited, that refers to the *six* pointed star figure created by the heavenly bodies.  
laugh.gif
  )    For a further discussion on this, there is a nice treatise here -
http://www.herbshealing.com/weedforum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2462
In any event, there can be no denying there have been some very interesting things occuring in the skies around us of late.  
rock.gif

Isn't God's creation amazing?
wink.gif
  I'm not sure I buy all those 'age' theories.  After all, if the earth is only 10,000 years old or less, how many ages could there be?  I think that all history is one 'age', and I agree, Christ is the central figure in history.

SF
biggrin.gif

wink.gif

Don't you think that's just a bit anthrocentric to think that all of any history began with the earth?  And I did not say that Christ was central to history.  I said he was central to the age of Pisces - only a small part of 'our' history.  
wink.gif

Soo...... nice eclipse last night.
wink.gif

Thanks lavenderdawn for your explanation.  That satisfied my curiosity. Sorry to get this into a mystic-religious sidetrack.

If you were all staring at it make sure you stop staring when it is done. I am sure it is over now...tee hee
tounge.gif
cool.gif
If you can not see this message it is to late.
wink.gif
BTW I never knew about it, darn it!

Travis

HOW do you get that the earth is only 10,000 years old??  
wow.gif

Shhhhhhhhh...don't mention that fact to the dinosaurs.  lol  
biggrin.gif

Back