What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trip To Meijer Gardens in Michigan

NickHubbell

It’s a trap!
The Erie Carnivorous Plant Society would like to let everyone know that a trip is in the works to visit Meijer Gardens in Grand Rapids, Michigan sometime in December or January. This will most likely be a two day trip and possibly a 3 day trip depending on how far one is coming. The dates have not been set as we do not know how many people will be coming.

The carnivorous plant greenhouse is 400 sq ft, and hosts dozens of species of native Michigan, North American and tropical carnivorous plants from all over the world.. Kenneth E. Nelson Carnivorous Plant House. For those that come, we will be seeing more than just the Carnivorous Plant Display House, there is also a production house.

Please let NickHubbell, Ozzy, or Technoracer if you are interested in going, or simply reply to this post.

I'll probably come! I live near there

I hope I can make it. I haven't missed a trip yet and I'll do everything I can to make this one.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Israle @ Nov. 09 2003,3:22)]what
rock.gif
what what
rock.gif

I would love to go. Just need a date in which we will be going?
wink.gif
I will not be around Thanksgiving or Christmas/New Year's I will be out of town.

Travis

dude that would be rockin. humm where we gonna stay, i call top bunk this time mark!
wow.gif
cool.gif
keep us updated!!!!

But you were on top last time!!!! It's my turn
wow.gif

What dates and times work for people? I would like to see as many people come as possible.

The weekend of the 6 or 13th of December. If not those it would have to wait till next year.

Ozzy, Death66,
You guys remind me of the movie "Big" with Tom Hanks! LOL!

Wish I could go...Oh, well. I tortured my wife enough with the NECPS show!
wink.gif

I'm Tom Hanks, Death66 is the girl, I forgot her name.:D

mannnn have you seen her lately, whoooooooo is she one hotttttt mature WOMAN!!!! yay im sexie and i still get the top bunk!!!!
wow.gif
biggrin.gif
laugh.gif

ps any weekend in december (cept perhaps the first one maybe cause finals) is easy for me to make (no school)

So the weekend of the 13th of December? That would be fine by me.

Travis
rock.gif

I think we have decided to make this trip some time in January, so that more people can make it.
Please let us know what week of January will work each of the people that plans to go.

We are planning our trip to Meijer Gardens in Grand Rapids Michigan for January 31 and February 1, 2004. This will be a two day trip for most of us as it will be a 4 hour drive to get there Saturday. From looking at room rates, we do not qualify for group rates unless we reserver 10 or more rooms. It will be up to those wanting to attend to make their own hotel/motel reservations. If you plan on arriving Friday night and staying until Sunday, please make your reservations accordingly. Room rates start at $38 and go up. Lower priced rooms are limited.

As of January 1, 2004, the admission rates are as follows (rates are per day:

Adults (14 and older): $8.00
Seniors (65 and older): $7.00
Students (w/ student ID): $6.00
Children (5 - 13): $4.00
Children (4 and under): Free

If you would like to go, please send an email to: greendragonvft@ameritech.net and let me know how many will be in your party.

Frederik Meijer Gardens & Sculpture Park
1000 East Beltline NE
Grand Rapids, MI 49525
(616) 957-1580
Toll-Free: 888-957-1580
http://www.meijergardens.org

YAY! I'm gonna put it on the calendar right now
biggrin.gif

Cool! I am going to talk this over with my girlfriend, and we may end up coming. It's about a 3-4 hour drive for us as well, from the other direction. I noticed they have an orchid show the week before, on the 24 and 25 of January, hopefully she won't insist on going then instead, lol.
smile.gif

Wish I could go too far and impractical drive from NY.

Well, sorry guys. My girlfriend really wants to see an orchid show (she's never been to one), so we're going that weekend instead. I had a feeling she would insist on that, I had promised to take her to one whenever I heard about one in the area (and I've never been to a big one either)... It would've been nice to have met a few of you from these forums, but, not this time, I guess... maybe next year. Thank you very much for posting about the botanical gardens there, though.

Back