What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Triops

• Thread starter Ozzy
  • Start date

Ozzy

SirKristoff is a poopiehead
Staff member
Supporter
I am thinking of getting some triops. I have never rasied them before and I want to know if there is anybody here that can give me advice or know where the best place is to get them.
What kind of setup do I need?

Do a google search, I know that only one place that I've aeen offers CB(ie, they did not dig up the dirt form the onds and ship it to you).

They need distilled water and can be kept in small enclosures...pretty straightforward in care.

If you look for the posts, we had a discussion about triops and brine shrimp a while ago.

biggrin.gif
started by droseradude!! Anyway, use distilled water only like Nyflytrap said, and put gravel or sand at the bottom.(this is for the triops to lay eggs in, which I dont know which is better) (some sands, probably most will dim the water) So you may have to research about which is better. My triops were in a 1 gallon tank. There is a site, the triops information page which gives a lot of info on triops, and one site called  which provides instructions for hatching triops and caring for them, however it doesn't have any information on reproducing them. (barely/none) My triops didnt get big, only about 2 centimeters or less. I put a divider in between the two I had so they wouldn't go cannibalistic. When they die you can feed them to your cps. (i havent done this, but you most definitely could) And dont name them since they do not live long.www.triops.com (note: heres the discussion on triops and brine shrimp/sea monkeys: click here

I had triops of a bit. I had two that got about an inch long but the one soon ate the other. The last one died when I was away and someone forgot the feed it. However, they are interesting and an enjoyment. If you want more than one, you could divide them up in separate containers.

Back