What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Idea for new topic

• Thread starter Jmenprkr
  • Start date
Well Jamie

First off, the Budget CP thing isn't broad enough a subject to warrant a forum of its own.  It might make a good topic in the General Forum if you'd like to start one for it.  
smile.gif

Secondly, we do not want the boards to get too heavy with Forums. It is already lengthy as it is.  We don't want there to be sooo many that you have to scroll for 3 minutes just to see them all.  Forums need to kept to something that is broadly appealing to a large segment of people and encompasses a singular interest.  So I don't think it likely that your idea will become a forum.  Like I said...it would make a great topic where people could post their ideas.  Why don't you try that?

And moderators don't really have "authority".  We are here to help Phil.  We have opinions and suggestions sometimes, but we bow to the Head Guy...Phillip.
smile.gif
 He IS "The Authority"...The Terminator...Zeus....Rambo...Ben Hurr...King Tut...The Dr. Phil of CPs....uhh...you get the idea.  (Actually Phil is a VERY nice, sweet guy who works hard and has a good, kind and generous heart.  Love my bossman.).
biggrin.gif
  Mods help out and participate, but are also kinda in the *BACKGROUND* for when someone needs help.  Its not the kinda thing where you are constantly "sorting out information."  You let topics fly on their own basically.

So relax.  Think about how you'd like to word your "Growing CPs on a budget" topic and post it.  (Watch spelling and punctuation!)  
smile.gif
 I'm sure there are people out there with interesting ways to save time/money.

BTW...there is a BIG difference between "TOPIC" and "FORUM". Those are not interchangeable words. I see this mistake a lot.
smile.gif

Hey, it wouldn't be a bad idea to pin such a topic in the general forum so people could post hints and tips there, and always be able to see it.

Capslock

PS: Jamie, keep putting your time in. One day you will be a respected CP authority, and people will want you to be a moderator. Just keep on truckin, keep helping people, keep learning, do a lot of listening, and it will happen all by itself. Come to think of it, that's how all of life works.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Just keep on truckin, keep helping people, keep learning, do a lot of listening, and it will happen all by itself. Come to think of it, that's how all of life works.

Did you ever read the Death of the Salesman, I'm reading it now and this might be also irrelevant to this post. But this made me ponder, not all of it is ture on how life works.

Willy, the father of Biff and Happy says the way to life is to be well liked and has morals for everything.

But Charley his neighbor isn't well like, but he's rich. and Charley explains that in life, you don't have to be well liked, its just how to suceed.

Hey Jamie

Here's a thought.  Why don't you collect some ideas from people, write it up into an article, and submit it for review to be posted in the Articles Forum?  You can show off your ability to "manage information."  As with any submission by anybody, it would have to be *well written*, informative, helpful and of enough value to warrant being posted for a period of time.  But there is no guarantee it would be accepted and posted.  However its worth a shot if you like to write, gather information and organize it.  You could ask Phil if its ok to do that.

Just a thought.  
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Travis @ Nov. 11 2003,2:04)]I do have an idear for saving money thou saving pop bottles. In Michigan pop bottles are worth 10 cents
Hey! How about my idea...not meaning to talk about me, me, me...
wink.gif
In one day I made 30 bucks off of pop bottles (took me about...wait know one wants to hear about that) . The good ole days ae? Where I could buy two snicker bars for a buck and walking to school in 5 inches of snow.

Travis

HAHAHA Travis.. 2 Snickers for a buck??? I can remember when a Snickers bar cost 2 bits... and Im sure some of us remember when they cost a dime or less...
smile.gif

Steve

So you`r saying like a diy,like gfp has?

uhm, Steve... What is a "bit"?
biggrin.gif
tounge.gif

Andrew

Ohhh... But next time. Don't stand up for Steve. ...I was talking to him on Yahoo and he had no idea what it ment. I SWEAR TO YOU!!! hehe.
But, thanks for the info Steve! (BCK not vft guy in SJ) :p
Andrew

[b said:
Quote[/b] (adnedarn @ Nov. 11 2003,11:47)]..... But next time.  Don't stand up for Steve.  .....
But, thanks for the info Steve! (BCK not vft guy in SJ)
Sorry Andrew, but the first part went over my head (probably 'cause I blinked and missed something?).  The second part I had to look up cuz all I could remember was that the phrase had something to do with money being able to be broken into small pieces of coin way back when.
laugh.gif

uhm... Ohhh... (meaning now I understand)

But next time. Don't stand up for Steve. (I ment don't try to answer questions for him.)

...I was talking to him on Yahoo and he had no idea what it ment. I SWEAR TO YOU!!! hehe. (I was talking to him on yahoo messanger and he had no idea what a bit was. so it was gonna be funny to see him try to answer my question)

But, thanks for the info Steve! (BCK not vft guy in SJ) :p (I think that part is understandable.)
Is that better?? (I've been up for like 20 hours yet don't feel tired yet... *where did I set that Mountain Dew??*
Andrew

OK gotcha.  Didn't realize you'd been talking to him on Yahoo (I keep forgeting about YIM, MSN, etc.)
biggrin.gif
.  Sorry to have ruined the fun
tounge.gif
.  With that I am going to bed 'cause I don't have a Dew (and I've been up since 8am
tounge.gif
)!

Interesting article BCK thanks for posting that..  

And Andrew I did too know what 2 bits was
tounge.gif
lol..  had no idea about the origin of the term but I always knew 2 bits is a quarter
tounge.gif
pPpPpP~~~ hehehe

Steve

hahahaha... uh huh... sure Steve. (jking, yup you knew 2 bits was .25$... that was is. as you said.) boy, this topic took a change of direction. LMAO
Andrew

Back