Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lost packages?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    a few years ago someone sent me some Holly seeds.
    they arrived literally one year later!
    all moldy and icky and runied..
    the package had obviously been opened at some point,
    it was taped back up..

I suspect that in our post-911 world, letters that have mysterious bulges (like seed packets) get set aside for "investigation"..but because there is SO much mail, and so few people to inspect things, they get tossed into giant piles for investigation, and then sit there for all eternty, never to be seen again..
    thats my conspiracy theory! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/sad.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I usually ship plants via priority mail and haven't had any problems. I have learned from other plant traders that spending the extra 45 cents for a "Delivery Confirmation" really helps to make sure it gets to its destination.

When sending seeds, I use padded envelopes. When I have recieved seeds from people that arrived in regular envelopes - sometimes they're crushed.

WildBill

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have an expected package in limbo right now. Hope is dying.
    "Grow More, Share More"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, the package was mauled by the post office. And it's not the first. I'm talkin' about holes ripped into it, dripping water, mushy plants and dead aquatic snails. Arrive in a complimentary plastic bag with the message about the PO machines sometimes having trouble sorting packages. All very sad. Some of the plants did survive. I talk about in in the freshwater aquarium section.
    A flytrap ate my homework!
    -Michelle

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have had magazines stolen out of my mail, and had some packages that I have sent, and was scheduled to recieve never get there. it's rare (except for the magazine theft.)

comes with living in an apartment I guess.
    \"Maybe in order to understand mankind, we have to look at the word itself: \"Mankind\". Basically, it\'s made up of two separate words - \"mank\" and \"ind\". What do these words mean ? It\'s a mystery, and that\'s why so is mankind.\" ~ Jack Handey

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've had expensive aquariums mailed from Japan ruined. And because I couldn't prove how much they were worth, the post office refused to give any kind of refund. Of course I had $1000 insurance in the two... [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/mad.gif[/img]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12