User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: MisIDed Plant

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Recently, I have sent several people seeds from a plant that was masquerading as a D. Anglica CA X HI. I have recently been informed by 'The Powers That Be' (i.e. Sundew Experts) that the plant is actually D. Nidiformis. So if you have received seeds of this species from me, please change your tags to reflect this new information.

I apologize for anybody that I have let down, as I know that misIDed species can be a real pain sometimes. I'm glad that it was a fairly common species and hopefully easy to replace.

To those who have received seeds of this species, I have tried to PM you and explain. This post is to make sure that those that I have forgotten are informed of the corrected information.

Please accept my deepest apologies.

SF

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't feel too bad.. It happens sometimes..

Is this the plant you are referring to?
    http://www.cpforums.org/gallery/sund...aCAXHI_Flower2

I can change the title to D. nidiformis if that is what you think it is.

Pat

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, that's the plant/flower. Tamlin says its D. Nidiformis, so that is probably the correct title to put. Thank you.

SF

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am certain of this determination, and Snowyfalcon your post is most commendable: I wish everyone were as honest and ethical about their errors; it would cut down on the ID confusion "out there". Hats off to you for your good example.
    "Grow More, Share More"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hear hear, I second that. Good for you Snowy.
    I am just like a Super Hero, but without the power or motivation.................and the funky suit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awww shucks guys! Let's just leave it at I'm following the good example others on this forum have set me. I deserve no more credit for doing the right thing than those who lead the way as experts, who freely give of their knowledge to set things right. If this hadn't been pointed out to me, by certain people to whom I am grateful, then none of this would have occurred. I would much rather those that caught the mistake, and helped take steps toward correcting it get the praise.

Gratefully Yours,

SF

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ummm, one question. is nidiformis a pygmy or a tropical sundew? does it need much of a dormancy or special care? thanks. Zongyi
    What you want to do is illeagle here in Canada.
    Email does not work! Use PM or yangzongyi@hotmail.com instead.