What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Special Thanks to...

PlantAKiss

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, Engl
Today is a special day for taking a little time out of our busy days to think about and give thanks to all the things important in our lives.

I would like to offer a special thank you to Phil Crane for giving us these discussion boards.  He has created an amazing community full of the most wonderful, knowledgeable, giving and caring people you could ever hope to meet.  Even if we can't see each other, we have all been touched in some meaningful way by many people here.

Phil works long hours to run his business to provide ethically and properly grown plants...and to keep these boards going.  It has grown from an idea into something truly amazing.  A place to bring together people from all over the world who share a common interest and love in carnivorous plants and plants in general.  This is a wonderful place to communicate, exchange ideas and learn, talk shop, to trade or give plants and to have a little fun.  He works loooooong hours "behind the scenes" for us.  And lets not forget his helpmates, admins and staff too.

So raise a drumstick, a hambone, a lobster claw, a hunk o' Toffurkery or a carrot stick in honour of our highly esteemed Phil...he's Da Man!  
biggrin.gif
 You should be VERY proud of this community you gave birth to, Phillip.  (Even if sometimes you want to spank us and put us in "time out".)  hehe

Much love to you, Your Royal Cuteness!

Suzanne

Thanks, Phil. Happy Thanksgiving.
smile.gif

Hello,
Thanks Phil for these great forums. Happy Thanksgiving,
Kevin

Thanks a bunch guys!!! Hope you ALL have a great & safe holiday.

Suzanne,

Will you marry me? ;)

I bet you'd write me wonderful letters! <grin>

biggrin.gif

Thank you, thank you! I don't know if you realize the positive impact you have had on the CP community! Thanks so much

SF

I want to add my belated thanks as well <burp>! Phillip, you are truly an amazing man. In a world of "who cares" you have demonstrated and continue to demonstrate your care: both for the plants we love, and for the growers of them. When I found Petflytrap it was still an infant, mostly kids having fun. Over the years I have been here (short years, but full of growth and excitement!) I have watched children evolve into skilled growers and teachers, and have seen this community reach to all corners of the Earth we share: and it IS a community, a true community filled with support, knowledge and most importantly: sharing. From your initial generosity of providing this truely FREE public forum, all manner of good things have spread: plants, knowledge and international goodwill. I have never been part of a finer group, and cannot concieve of a finer model community, a structure that has evolved and called to itself the best the world has to offer. Its a place for children to play and learn, as well as a meeting place for some of the best minds and scholars. It is a haven which encourages the preservation of our Earths most amazing biodiversity, and preserves as well the childlike wonder that we all hold in common for these amazing species. I have been blessed in my life with many fine things, and I am thankful for them, but none so much as this place, this HOME. In my book, success is not measured by what you have, but rather, by what you give - and you, my friend, are a towering success!

Or as our younger members would say: "YOU ROCK, DUDE!"

I wish you and yours all the good that you deserve, and I thank you from the bottom of my heart for being such a MAN!

Just home so I will add mine.

THANK YOU PHIL!!!

A big thanks from me as well
smile.gif

Steve

Yes thanks Phil!! I know these forums have helped me and many others learn a lot more about CPs. I really appreciate all the time that you and others (Mods., Admins, and other members) have donated to help make this place so great.
smile.gif

-buckeye

Thanks a bunch Phil!! Without these forums I wouldn't of known what carnivorous plants are...

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!!!

I, too, would like to add to this great list of thanks. You have created one of the best places on the web, Phil. I regularly surf several different message boards, and none of the others even come close to TerraForums. no where else on the web have i found such generosity, such knowledge, such friendship.
A big thank you has to go out to the other members here, for it is they who give away their knowledge, growing tips, time, seeds, plants, ect...

thank you all,
technoracer

Hi All,

Let me add my thanks. This forum is wonderful.

Bobby

Hey, thanks Phil! These forums rock!
biggrin.gif

Hey, Thanks Phil. These froums are by far the best Iv'e ever been in. You care so much, and besides having great forums you also sell perfect plants. You may not have the largest selection, but you sell quality plants that make up for that, and it easy to see that in a few years you will have a very large selection.
wink.gif
tounge.gif
laugh.gif
Thanks again phil.

Wes
cool.gif

Oh my!!  A marriage proposal!  
wow.gif

My answer is .......YES!  Oh honey...YES YES YES!

LOL   Betcha wished you'd kept yer trap shut now, eh?  hehe   I expect a 2 carat diamond and a honeymoon in Scotland and then Australia (gonna go see Sean...  
smile.gif
 )

Now if I see you make a proposal to Tamlin...I'm gonna be worried.  
tounge.gif

We'll discuss the details in private....  
tounge.gif
laugh.gif

What would we do without this sancutary?

I'm not sure if this discussion board is a blessing or a curse? Never in my life have I ever cared about any type of plant life.. now, my house is riddled with plants... and it all started with researching vft's on this site.

Either way, this discussion board (and all it's members) has greatly enriched my life!

Thank You Phil!
biggrin.gif

Back