What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

orchid fertilisers, ok for all cps?

hey are orchid fertilizers ok for all cps or for only neps? thanks

i've heard you can use like, 1/8 dilute of it and spray it on D. schizandra leaves, and then let it dry then flush it the next day. i saw that somewhere on the boards.

I would advise caution and controlled experiments with fertilizers. The grower who used this technique is an old hand at CP cultivation, and nowhere did he state the dilution he used on his D. schizandra. I find that growing them outdoors in the warmer months provides all the nutrition my plants need from natural prey capture. There is mention of fertilizing CP, but I can't provide information in this regard since I don't use it. If you do experiment, please provide us with your results: this is very valuable data even if the results are not positive.

i wonder where i got 1/8 dillution then? thats weird.

I would just feed it fruitflies and gnats and such. I've also heard you can make a cricket "soup" in the blender, then strain out the big bits and feed it to the plant with an eyedropper.

thx 4 the replys...
I don't like killing insects so ill use either fish flakes/ fish pellets or orchid fert.
cricket soup? thats gross!

i cant really do experiments now because my plants are not so healthy

Back