What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First snow!

I'll be shoveling White Christmas tonight for sure. Nothing like a nice session with gale force winds, stinging crystals of virgin whiteness to really put a holiday glow on! and please! Don't ask me if I made a snowman! I am a snowman.

Not you, too, nep g!  And you're further north than us!  Well, the invite stands for you as well, then.  Everyone!  Come over to Oswego & get some snow  -  please!
laugh.gif

Wow,went down to 7 degrees here a few days ago!

More snow!  New York is getting buried!  There may even be no school in the morning - the kids are all upset about that one - not!  
tounge.gif

Can you say 'lake effect?'  It's real pretty coming down but then you've got to move it.  We've shoveled twice today so far & will have to shovel again before morning in order to go anywhere.  (Also, so that my clients can get in to me - if any even go out in it themselves!)  
rock.gif

We got about 4" last night and another 2" during the day today. It is very pretty outside! One of my favorite things about living in the country after it snows is when there's a full moon out and the light reflects off the snow making it look like it's daylight out. Usually it's pitch black out and you can't see anything!

-buckeye

They just announced a two hour delay for school tomorrow morning.  And still it comes...  
wow.gif

and still it goes! I just moved the 8 inches sitting on, well, EVERYTHING. The plow plowed it back in 3 times before I finished. I wonder how many tons of snow that was? I'm spent. Goonight, goodmorning, and good day to you all.

Everybody loves snow until you have to get out in it. If you work outside then you would hate snow. Friday It was very cold and I had to work outside. And that's not the bad part. I was in a bucket truck 30 feet in the air. I have no idea what the wind chill was up that high, but I know it was very cold.
This will come to a shock to everybody. This will be my third winter in ohio. Before that I spend a winter in Pennsylvania, and a winter in Kentucky right on the Illinois border. But the most snow I have ever seen was on the beach in North Carolina. On christmas of '89 we got 14 inches of snow within about 6 hrs. Before that the average snow fall was 1/2 inch every 6 years. The most I ever saw here in Ohio is 8 inches.

I..................can't.................move............my...........arms.

Back