What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wesley

God must have an interesting sense of humor
I am putting this topic in general discussion because I don't want to type the same thing 5 times. What is a good easy mix for the following plants: (also the only ingredients I have right now is ordinary white sand[the kind you find at masonaries{sp?}][is this kind safe if I wash it well?], perlite, LFS, and milled spaghnum and a VERY little amount of live spaghnum[mabey enough for a three inch pot])

Nepenthese: Ventricosa
Sundews: Adelea, spatulata
Cobra Lily
Sarracenia: Purpurea
Flytrap: common

Any help will be much appreciated.

since you have no peat , pure LFS is a good mix for all of them , expecially for the cobralily , d. adleae , and n. ventricosa . you can put the live sphagnum on top of the pots of the n. ventricosa , cobra lily , or even the sarracenia purpurea . you can add perlite to all the plants except the d. adelae .

Thanks, oh and if I get peat, then what would you recomend?

I've had great luck with just peat and perlite with my vfts. I generally don't use it with the rest of those plants, though, except the D. spatulata, which will grow in peat/sand or peat/perlite, too.

Capslock

if you got peat then you could've done a 50/50 mix with perlite and the peat for the vft , d. spatulata , sarracenia purpurea , and you can make a 75% lfs + 25% perlite mix for the darling , the perlite would probably give the roots more cooling , you can probably do the same thing with n. ventricosa as well .

Ok, thanks.

Back