Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: College

BoooOOOOooooo!!!!! unknownclown's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Troy [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img]
    I am the weirdo who sits next to you on the bus!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Scot,

You are entitled to your own opinion but so is everyone else. If it is wrong for someone to decide something is helpful isn't it just as wrong for you to decide that that same action is hurtful? And just because you are convinced that your actions were "helpful" does not mean that they were not hurtful to the person they were directed to.

Oh and by the way, Unknownclown is one word and not two and you are supposed to capitalize the first letter of every sentence. Also, complete sentences are much more beneficial to making an argument than a bunch of fragments. Just trying to offer some constructive critisizm, my opinion only

'My love was science- specifically biology and, more specifically, when placed in a common jar, which of two organisms would devour the other.'

See You Space Cowboy

actagggcagtgatatcccattggtacatggcaaattagcctcatgat
    Hagerstown, Maryland

--
    actagggcagtgatatcccattggtacatggcaaattagcctcatgat

VFT and Drosera lover vft guy in SJ's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The problem is not that Unknownclown fixed the spelling errors in the original post. The problem is she DELETED the posts that pointed out the errors. To the best of my knowledge, none of the rules of conduct were violated by either Scottychaos or myself, so why were our posts deleted? Do you not agree that it might possibly be helpful for her, or anyone else, to know what words were misspelled so that possibly in the future steps could be taken to spell those words correctly? Fixing all of the spelling errors may make Darcie's post easier to read, but it won't help her know what words she spelled wrong. Isn't this board supposed to help educate people? Or is that limited only to plants? Perhaps I am confused here? Would someone please enlighten me?

Thanks
    Steve
    There are only 2 infinite things... the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not too sure about the universe.

BoooOOOOooooo!!!!! unknownclown's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok Im sorry if I over stepped my boundries by deleting them here if anyone cares here are the words Darcie mispelled...
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Scotty chaos
    colledge?
    crasey?
    fungiside makin?
    pathedick?
    climant?
    waterd?
    laph?
    stuborn?
    pitures?
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]VFT guy in sj

Dont forget:

their ugly...
    getting worst...
    posible...
    origenal...
    symbiant...
    dorment...
    There now since Im gettin tired of trying to keep the peace and gettin chewed out for doing so I have asked Phil to remove me as a mod take care and god bless
    I am the weirdo who sits next to you on the bus!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just typed a BIG rant about censorship..but then deleted it.
    it was up for about 2 minutes! it was entertaining!
    did anyone see it! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif[/img]

unknownclown,
    thanks!
    thats very big of you.
    but you dont have to stop being a Mod!
    no reason for that..

Oh..and I do have to say one more thing on this topic,
    because I think its very important, and I feel some people have missed the point..

Troy, you said
    "Without meaning to offend Darcie I often stop half way through her posts as I just get tired of trying to decipher exactly what it is she's trying to say."

hmmm..isnt that a bit...mean?! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/rock.gif[/img]
    isnt that a bit hurtfull?
    shouldnt your post be deleted too?
    I think that was much meaner than my original post..
    should your post be deleted too?
    I dont think so..thats the point.

to FULLY clarify, here is my entire original post,
    the one that got deleted.
    the one that started all this..
    (unknownclown, thanks for re-posting it..that was very gracious of you, I appreicate it.)

colledge?
    crasey?
    fungiside makin?
    pathedick?
    climant?
    waterd?
    laph?
    stuborn?
    pitures?

in a post about being a college student? [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/sad.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought we are hear to educate ppl about the topics listed in the forums and have some fun. This is not an English forum for me but I do use the spell checker. I also figure if you want to pick on someone pick on yourself. Much ezier and you do not step on anyone’s toes in the process. Also you have know idea what kind of background people have...They may be young, learning disabled, or from another country and learning English *believe you me it is not easy learning the English ways*. People go to college just to learn more English. One thing is you will never see my name in a book. I think Darcie will learn, do not discourage someone because we all have one thing in common - We love CP's!

Travis [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img]

UC:
    You are a GREAT MODERATOR! You have done soooo much...
    \"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go.\"
    -- Oscar Wilde

http://www.nasarracenia.org/

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The number one rule here is "Be Nice." Its one thing to poke a little fun at someone...to laugh WITH someone...and its quite another to hurt someone's feelings with PUBLIC criticism. Sure...if you think pointing out spelling mistakes is a learning tool, then do so...but do it personally and privately. Everyone has the PM option. Make use of it!

There are some things that are not appropriate for public discussion. Its not a matter of "free speech"...its called TACT and COMPASSION. Its "free speech" to call someone a stupid idiot or use a racial slur...but it won't be allowed here.

When something gets personal...TAKE IT PRIVATE. Make use of your PM abilities!

Now we've lost a very good Mod because she did not only what another member asked with a "notification report"...but what she thought was in the best interest of the majority of the members.

A lot of people think being a mod is "cool"...well let me tell you its not too cool to get bashed for making a judgement call (rightly or wrongly) when you've been ASKED to and getting beat up for it. There are 20 or so mods plus admin spending HUNDREDS of hours per week monitoring these boards out of the generosity of their hearts. Phil can't run these boards alone! He needs help to keep it going...so we donate time to help. And not one of us is perfect (I know you'll find that hard to believe!). CPUK just had a topic locked and deleted...and wow...no public outcry of "censorship." How 'bout that?!

Remember...use your PM privileges...and if your intent is truly to HELP someone learn to spell better or any other "off topic" concern.use some TACT and KINDNESS!

[img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/rock.gif[/img]
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, what a mess. Please don't leave Unknownclown. You were doing what you thought best. If I were a mod, I would do the same thing.

SF

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast