Thread: Hello

BoooOOOOooooo!!!!! unknownclown's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wink

Hello again

Ok I think its a good thing Darcies thread has gotten back on track so I didnt wanna disrupt it yet again so Im startin this one since I really think its a shame that Dacie's posts had gone the direction it had. And I hope she doesnt feel bad in any sort of way when she comes back and finds what has happened in the thread she has started... Sorry Darcie I was just trying to keep the peace is all.

As far as me being a mod I no longer no what that means any more. I was selected by Phil to help him out to keep these boards friendly and to make sure people stuck to the rules...But nowadays I no longer feel that is even possible for any of us mods since any time we try we get our heads bitten off. I have asked Phil to remove me as a mod his reply was simply this....

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]
    you're not goin' anywhere

but I still feel the same, its now in my eyes impossible to do what Ive been appointed to do as a mod. Its no longer fun and when I try to enforce the rules to keep it fun it gets even worse. Maybe Ill feel different later on who knows, but right now I dont feel I as a mod have anything to offer these boards. And dont think Scotty or Vft guy in SJ that this is entirely because of your posts its been building up since the first person cried cesorship.

I honestly dont know if I will linger around as a member to be honest I have pretty much killed all my plants anyway aside from my sars since I really dont have the time or the mentality to even remember to keep them watered.
    One way or the other I think Im going to dissapear for awhile if or when I come back and Im still a mod I guess Ill just go from there and figure out whats next.

Thanks everyone for the kind words everyone and sorry that this has gotten blown outta purportion. Ive met alot of good friends in the 2 years Ive been here and I do plan on keepin in touch with them all so this is in no way a good bye although somehow it feels that way.

Take care
    Luvs ya all
    [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/wow.gif[/img] <--- closest thing to a kiss on the smilies [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/tounge.gif[/img]
    I am the weirdo who sits next to you on the bus!

Admin- I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az. adnedarn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    UKC, I have yet to update myself on that post so I have no idea what the heck. Although I think I can understand your delema with being a mod. Hang in there... It'll be ok. Please do keep in touch even if not on the board. Sorry to hear about your plants. But if your interested i'm sure it won't take much to get some back in your hands.
    Andrew
    -Andrew
    Owner of TerraForums, FlyTrapShop.com, and cpforums.org.
    Support FlyTrapShop, support TerraForums! www.flytrapshop.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I for one don't want to think of a forum here without you. You've always acted in the way you thought best. OK, even if you blew it (and I am in no way implying that you did) then so what if you did? There isn't one Mod here who is a perfect player. There ain't no halos handed out to become a Mod. You just act from your best judgement, and if it's not spot on, then who the heck cares except those who want some sport in crying "Foul". There is no foul play here in any Mod, and anyone that considers that we in some how lord it over the dominated minions is sadly mistaken, and their opinion is worthless. I don't think Darcie is going to want you to bow out. Geez, were all friends here! No one wants to lose you Shelly. Heck, if you need some plants to keep you here I'll box them tonight and send them express to you! The thing is to be happy, and if this "job" is getting to you to the point where it isn't fun at all, then have a break, but please don't just quit! You talked me into not quitting once when the going got thick for me, so I hope you will let me return the favor. No one wants to lose you, and you do a great job of putting things into perspective with just a few well placed words. You always seem to have a good clear view of things, and I listen and place a great store in your opinion. That's all I want to say, except to add one more thing: I am getting really, really sick of hearing about the real or imagined issues of censorship on this Forum. If you have some problems about this issue, you can email me, or PM me, and I will be happy to look into it. But crying censorship is poor form before you know the facts.
    "Grow More, Share More"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    whoa shelly!

First... let me say, everyone needs a vacation from every job, and this one is no different... so take some time off. You WILL be back... I mean don't i pretty much dissapear at least once a year for a few months? I have to do that to keep my sanity!

Problem is, as much as you may want to leave, this place is like a virus, it gets in your blood and you can't get rid of it... so... see ya when you get back from vacation sweety!

\"Maybe in order to understand mankind, we have to look at the word itself: \"Mankind\". Basically, it\'s made up of two separate words - \"mank\" and \"ind\". What do these words mean ? It\'s a mystery, and that\'s why so is mankind.\" ~ Jack Handey

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can relate... I relenquished my mod status for those very reasons. Sometimes I wish I hadn't but I think it was in everybody's best interests... I have kind of a quick trigger finger. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/mad.gif[/img]
    There's a tunnel at the end of the light...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    good thing we don't use ' triggers '. And mallets leave no permenant marks... hehh... [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img]
    \"Maybe in order to understand mankind, we have to look at the word itself: \"Mankind\". Basically, it\'s made up of two separate words - \"mank\" and \"ind\". What do these words mean ? It\'s a mystery, and that\'s why so is mankind.\" ~ Jack Handey

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (RamPuppy @ Dec. 09 2003,11:58)]Problem is, as much as you may want to leave, this place is like a virus, it gets in your blood and you can't get rid of it... so... see ya when you get back from vacation sweety!
    Aint that the truth... [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/laugh.gif[/img] I left my little speach in the College topic. Yeah! and I take off time for the winter...what a flop of a topic that was. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/unclesam.gif[/img] Just like a politition say one thing, do another.

Travis
    \"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go.\"
    -- Oscar Wilde

http://www.nasarracenia.org/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unknown,

I must agree that they way mods are treated around here is unfair. They have a job to do, LET THEM DO IT!!!!!

A world without some control is anarchy! Come on! It is not that bad around here.

Unknown, I hope you will not leave the forum. Take a break and hopefully we will see you soon.
    I am just like a Super Hero, but without the power or motivation.................and the funky suit.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast