What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Troips

• Thread starter Daniel
  • Start date
I just wanted to give an update on my triops. Thought they are pretty intresting. I started with the kit, and its over flowing with daphniaand triops. Like at first the triops were white and floating and swimming around. Now, some of them changed color and lurks at the bottom. Just thought it was pretty cool.

My Mom has done triops before. They are rather freaky looking creatures. Do you have a problem with dirty water?

Have you ever tryed Can-O-Fish? It's from a triop company. Pretty neat unfortunately mine all died.
sad.gif

Can-O-Fish, do you mean, fishes appears out of nowhere, or is it edible like Tuna
laugh.gif

i found triops quite intresting too. the water got kinda smelly though, so i had to change in quite often. i found that mine had eggs. does anyone know if the eggs need to be fertilized by a male? my triop soon met its end of its life, and died off. now its down the toilet :p . i don't like the new triop sets, the ones that contain purely eggs. i like the old sets that had a lot of dirt in a bag. you often get more than triops, like fairy shrimp and all these little things that look like triops (the shells on a triop is more flat. these things have upsidedown U shaped shells and looks like it had one eye). i may start these things again this weekend, i have to put the 10$ i wasted on this set to good use
laugh.gif
. Zongyi

Where can I find that set, I was looking for a Killfish, so I think the Can OF Fish Will be great.

triops can reproduce on their own (some), or these kind can reproduce with a male. I tried triops, only 2 survived in the end. it was the type with just the eggs. You can pour water back in after the container dries out and new triops may hatch out of the gravel or sand, maybe dirt out of the bottom. I havent tried this yet.

Back