What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My CPN came in today and I must say it is a good one. It has a great conservation story about Sarracenia Purpurea var. Montana in Georgia. In it there is a story of a landowner who thought he'd help out the poor pitcher plants with fertilizer, but Ron Determann saved the day, and now there is a small population of S. Purpurea var. Montana growing.
biggrin.gif

Then of course there is a few articles about Utricularia and a book review by Berry Rice. I would love to get the book for the surpurb pics, but I can easily see a few of them on the author's website ( http://www.honda-e.com ). A website that I think you should vist because he has GREAT pics. Even some that are looking up out of the pitchers.
biggrin.gif

Then there is a pic of the carnivorous plant peace garden in the news section. It saids that one of PFT's own helped with it. I wonder where I could find some more pics of this peace sign shaped cp garden.
I haven't finished reading it fully yet, but I know it'll be a great read.

Lots of pics of the butterworts in the wild! thanks for posting
smile.gif

Hey guys,

We actually supplied all of the plants to the Art Basel in Miami Beach... as well as my time and an assistant, for about a week.

It was a great project. I'll post more pics when we release the new website at the end of hte month.

smile.gif

I second that - What a great issue! I loved the purpurea article as well as all the rest. I got mine about a week ago.... the joys of living in southern California
smile.gif

-noah

The CPN is a great publication. If you aren't an ICPS member this should be tops on your Christmas wish list!

I need to join. I've wanted to for ages. Maybe I'll do it now while I'm throwing money to the wind. Would love to see all those articles.

It's another great copy, mine arrived in the UK last week.

The Japanese CP book which is reviewed, 'Amazing World of the Carnivorous Plants' is a superb collection of CP Photos, mostly in habitat and worth every penny/cent.

Vic

My cultivar Drosera 'Tamlin' is slated to appear soon in the CPN, so I am very excited. Pinguiculaman's Drosera 'Ruby Slippers' is also coming soon to a CPN near you. Start chilling the champagne and send in your subscriptions!

Coolness Tamlin. So are they going to be added to the registerd cultivars then?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dr_Carnivorous_Plant @ Dec. 16 2003,17:19)]My CPN came in today and I must say it is a good one. (deleted text) Then of course there is a few articles about Utricularia and a book review by Berry Rice. I would love to get the book for the surpurb pics, but I can easily see a few of them on the author's website ( http://www.honda-e.com ). A website that I think you should vist because he has GREAT pics. Even some that are looking up out of the pitchers.
biggrin.gif
Hey Folks,

I want to clarify something. The nice Japanese book I reviewed in CPN is hard to buy from Japan, so Makoto Honda (in the US) has offered to be a go-between for you. HOWEVER, the pictures on his web site are not related to the book. Makoto Honda is not an author of the book, he's just a nice guy who is offering to help people in the USA buy the book.

Cheers

Barry

Makato isn't just 'a nice guy who is offering to help people in the USA buy the book.', he's a nice guy who's helped myself and several other UK CPers to get hold of a copy too. The books are sent directly from Japan, after Makato has received payment, so as long as you can send US Dollars (I used International Money Order) you should be able to get a copy anywhere.

Vic

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Vic Brown @ Dec. 18 2003,06:01)]Makato isn't just 'a nice guy who is offering to help people in the USA buy the book.', he's a nice guy who's helped myself and several other UK CPers to get hold of a copy too. The books are sent directly from Japan, after Makato has received payment, so as long as you can send US Dollars (I used International Money Order) you should be able to get a copy anywhere.

Vic
Hey Vic,

Excellent. I stand corrected.  
smile.gif

Barry

Back