What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thanks to Phillip Crane for supporting and allowing me to post this offer:

I just had the rare pleasure of reviewing a video
CD of Australian Carnivorous Plant species seen in
habitat in the Northern Territories. The CD was produced by Phill Mann, Cristiano Perucci and Gabriella Motta on expedition.

This stunning video presents a crystal clear 27.12
minutes of some of the most amazing CP species on
Earth. In the comfort of my bug and venomous
snake-free computer room, I watched in amazement
as these three intrepid adventurers drove through
puddles the size of ponds, hurtled through the quaint
demonstration of Australia's fire ecology, braved
snakes and crocodiles to bring us scenes from a
land that time forgot, where the Creator practiced
painting and sculpture to form a land of unsurpassed rough beauty. (I liked that part, hee hee).

The CD covers some 40 species and varieties of
tropical, pygmy and tuberous Drosera, with some
stunning views of Utricularia and Cephalotus. I
actually watched seeds fall from one pygmy species! I could feel the palmettos brush my face as I penetrated deep into the brush. I felt the wind that stirred the leaves of these plants, and I stood on the shore of the sea where the red sand stretched on for half of forever, and not another soul in sight. Also covered were some 25 forms of animal life.

These aren't your greenhouse grown plants, folks!
These are the plants as nature makes them, covered with sand, bits of litter, bugs: plants burned by
fire, and flooded with water: rough, ragged and
incomparably beautiful! Many are in flower. All
are incredible. Here you will see the phytosocial
associations, and see the actual distribution
patternsof the populations. The information contained in the views of the substrates alone will having you changing your preferred potting mixes.

Thanks to the kind donation of this CD sent by
Cristiano to support Phill's efforts in
introducing Australia's diverse CP into tissue culture, I am now offering you a plane ticket to Oz.
It's not free this time though! I am asking that
if you have ever wanted to see these plants in
habitat, if you care about seeing these plants made
available to growers in an ethical way, or have ever been befriended by Phill Mann and wish to in some way
thank him that you purchase this ticket to Oz, and have that walk with Phill, Cristiano and Gabriella you have always longed for. You won't regret it!

Here's the pitch: for the whopping sum of 15.00
USD, plus 4.00 for packing and shipping you're there! This has got to be the best deal since
popcorn! You can hardly buy a paperback book for
this price, and in those, the photos don't move!

Since I am a one man operation, some patience on your part may be required if the volume of response is what I anticipate it will be. As always, I will make
good on any problems that may arise. You can't get this directly from Phill as he does not have the
quality copy of this CD. All orders will be processed on a first come, first served basis. Wooo Hooo!!!! We're all going to Oz!

I ask that the authors wishes be respected, and their
instructions not to recopy and redistribute this
CD be strictly adhered to. The offer will remain open
as long as I have breath in my body, and a computer to burn the CD's. I could never thank Phill Mann
enough for what he has done for the CP community, but it is an honor to do this much at least for him. Ok,
he'd tell me to cut the bull (even though it isn't!) so enough said except to say that I am taking no
profit in this offer. All donations to Phill will fund his research into preserving and sharing Australia's biodiversity in a most desirable fashion, as well as his Saturday night beer drinking...sorry!
Couldn't resist that last little goose. I get silly when I am excited like this, and seeing all those red plants has me full of Christmas Spirit.

If interested, please emil me at tamlindd@yahoo.com

Happy Holidays from Jolly old Mate Nicholas, and
his CD slinging elves!

Yours,

William Dawnstar

This is a very special (and cheap) offer so I know I want one!
biggrin.gif

This is a great way to be supportive to CP studies/preservation and at the same time get a spectacular video you can't get anywhere else.

Makes a great Christmas present...for yourself! hehe

oooh oooh! I just told me wife to check out this link....If you're reading this, Hon, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE contact Tamlin....
biggrin.gif

Geez, I got 6 orders in 5 mins. from the CP Listserve. Whooo Hooo!

And now I'm up to $25 out of X-mas money researved to be sent to Tamlin for various things, lol.

Thanks to all who have responded to this offer. Things are going very well, and I know Phill will be pleased!

Back