What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Michelle...look at THIS plant oddity!

PlantAKiss

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, Engl
Maybe you all can help me.  I have this N. ventricosa that has developed some odd characteristics.  
rock.gif

It has begun to produce these wierd protuberances that seem to grow out of the pitchers.  I've tried picking them out...but they just grow back!  
wow.gif
  When I do pluck them out...one of them gives me a little electric shock...another one makes a soft  sound like finger picking on a guitar...another one makes little laughing sounds likes its told a funny joke...and the other one makes a noise like "I'll fix your computer."  Its really quite unnerving!

I am at my wits end!  I just don't know what this could be...a fungus?  A strange mold of some sort?  Is it a mutant plant or something??

Here is the plant...if anyone has any suggestions as to what might be causing this abberation, I'd appreciate it.  
smile.gif

strangenep.jpg

Should I break out the Cleary's??

laugh.gif

wink.gif

Hi Suzanne,

This sure is a disturbing pitcher picture! I believe that Cleary's will not work for this abberation. However, I am certain that RamPuppy's mallet will do the trick of you want them removed! If however you want to continue feeding this plant, try some cheeseburgers, pizza, fresh veggies, and perhaps candy instead of the normal fly diet.

Hope this helps.

wow.gif

Don't you know what you have PAK?  You have the N. ventricosa of WISDOM!!!  Keep it as it is a one-of-a-kind plant!

ROFL!!

SF

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SnowyFalcon @ Dec. 23 2003,10:12)]Don't you know what you have PAK?  You have the N. ventricosa of WISDOM!!!  Keep it as it is a one-of-a-kind plant!

ROFL!!

SF
Naaa, I think it's a fungus. Looks like it has already taken over this plant. I think you should destroy this plant immediately, before it spreads to the rest of your collection. Burn the plant, the soil and the pot, just to make sure this hidious fungas doesn't survive and pop up in another plant.
What ever you do don't breath the smoke!!!!
Is this one of the plants you got from Lowes yesterday?

Hmmmm...I wonder what would happen if I breathed the smoke??
wow.gif
I think Snowy might be right. It might be the Plant of Wisdom! Maybe if I lit a pitcher and inhaled I might get infused with some of that incredible knowledge.
biggrin.gif

I think its a purdy plant in spite of its odd affliction.
smile.gif

Uhm... I don't know? Perhaps: "No comment."?? I think this may be one of the first time I was without something to say (on the forums).
Andrew

AH HAH!!  I just thought of a comment.  
smile.gif

I guess the people who didn't post pictures were the smart ones.  As they haven't been posted online in odd manipulations.   Hmm...  I bet I could find something fun to do with one of the many that PAK has posted.  
tounge.gif

Andrew

Just joking... If you havn't added your picture to that post... Please do! We are still waiting to see you all!!

For the first time I'm glad I don't have a digital camera....
cool.gif

(remembers Meadowview picks) Uh-Oh...

HAhaha good one Suzanne
smile.gif

If it were me Id be freaked out by that. Maybe take a pencil and stuyff them further into the pitcher and let its fluid deal with the .... infestation
wink.gif

It is little shop all over again. I am afraid to tell you that your plant has consumed four important and influential people (Okay, okay, but in a certain group of people anyway). It is Audrey 2...3.

OK guys, never tease a graphic artist! Sheesh, what power! I promise never to post another photo without asking your permission first: next time you'll probably have my head on a Christmas platter.........literally!

It's the Mt Rushmore of pitcherplants.
I can guess who two of them are.
At the very back with the glasses is Harry potter and the one with the black hat MUST be one of the Travelling Willbury's?

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Naaa, I think it's a fungus. Looks like it has already taken over this plant. I think you should destroy this plant immediately, before it spreads to the rest of your collection. Burn the plant, the soil and the pot, just to make sure this hidious fungas doesn't survive and pop up in another plant.
What ever you do don't breath the smoke!!!!

Well, I don't think you'll need to destroy the plant....after all, they're just a bunch of fun-guys!
tounge.gif

LOL @ Schloaty! That took a minute to sink in, but when it did, it was good!

SF

Maybe you should register it as a cultivar.
N. ventricosa (Peeping Tom)

Hey,
Nice touch....PAK. Fatboy, I think that would be Trashcan
biggrin.gif
Kevin

LOL Schloaty...I think you're right.  
biggrin.gif
  So perhaps a little fun-guy-cide would be in order??  
wow.gif
  Awwww...I couldn't do that.  I think they might be beneficial fun-guys.  
smile.gif

Ozzy, I think it should be registered as 'Peeping MarkWilliamAndrewPatrick'.  hehe

That's "PeepingWilliamOzzyAndrewPatrick" if you please! It is plainly evident that I am, err, AHEAD of the rest, heh heh!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Tamlin Dawnstar @ Dec. 24 2003,16:05)]That's "PeepingWilliamOzzyAndrewPatrick" if you please!  It is plainly evident that I am, err, AHEAD of the rest, heh heh!
I guess you're not satisfied being Lord of the Sundews, You have to The head of the Peeping Toms too.

Back