What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carnivorous Plant walk-around

NickHubbell

It’s a trap!
Well, I was messing around with some older software and found a feature I had not known about. Anyway, here are the results.

http://hubben.crosswinds.net/cps/Sarracenia_walk_around.html

Please note that this is a 800 pixel wide movie. The program is old and crashes when I try to resize the movie. I guess thats what you get when one uses out-dated software. Anyway, enjoy.

Oh, and you can zoom in and out using the shift and control keys. Although zooming in too far doesn't result in anything spectacular.

Thats pretty cool Nick.. thanks for sharing
smile.gif

Steve

Please note that the topic title was changed to reflect that more than one genus of carnivorous plant walk-arounds will be added.

Here is one of a Venus Flytrap. Its a bit off center as I wasn't feeling very well when I took it. I am really feeling the effects of the flu again today
sad.gif

http://hubben.crosswinds.net/cps/movies/VenusFlytrapQTVR.mov

that is the coolest thing that i have seen in a while nick, thanx a ton fer sharing!!!!!
wow.gif

it did'nt work for me but from your avatar its very cool

Looks great, did it take you long to put it together, and what program did you use? Could be cool to have a few shots like this on my site or maybe do this next time im out in the bush to give everyone a look at the Australian landscape.

George

This is awesome! This technology could be really usefull for ID purposes, as the plant can be seen from multiple angle. Of course, adding another dimension would be nearly impossible but that much more awesome...
cool.gif

Keep up the good work!

Well, if I took the time, I could make it so that there would be some limited movement up and down. I would have to take another 66 photographs to do that. At this time, I haven't worked out how i will take the upper and lower shots so that they are all in sync when the objects rotate. I do not have any way to mark my possitions. There are 32 photos that make up the rotating image of the Sarracenia purpurea.

I used Corel Photo-Paint 8 and Quicktime VR. I really need an upgrade to Photo-Paint 11 as version 8 is from 1998 and a bit old for Mac OS 10.2.8.

Awesome Nick! I want to do something like that eventually!

SF

Well, things should get a bit easier now. I ordered the CorelDraw Graphics Suite 11 today for a nice discount. Seems you can save a bit off the regular price if you have an older version.

Its now official, I am broke.

I couldn't view the link either but the avatar is awsome! Great job! That is really cool.
smile.gif
And...yay for Macs.
biggrin.gif

For those that cannot view the Quicktime VR movies, can you tell me what versions of Quicktime you are using and what Operating System? I have Quicktime 6, but it should work on versions 4 and higher.

Hi Nick.. Im using QT 6.4 on Windows XP Home.

Steve

Back