What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My webpage

• Thread starter Wesley
  • Start date

Wesley

God must have an interesting sense of humor
check out my new webpage, it's not finished but hey, it's up!

tell me if you see anything wrong links, go to the places and stuff like thatMy Webpage

The link you made isn't working for me...Maybe it should look like this?
Anywaz, I think your site looks nice, but why are you using tables instead of frames? I always liked frames better then tables, but thats just me. Anyway, good luck with your site, and tell me when its done, k?

I've been changing it for the past few hours and it should be a little better now. What do you by frames and tables?

My website uses tables instead of frames too. I seem to remember reading that frames could mess up search engines when they tried to scan your website.

I find that when beginners use frames the site comes out looking a bit sloppy anyway.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Wesley @ Dec. 28 2003,12:03)]What do you by frames and tables?
When frames are used, the browser window is split up into 2 or more "pieces" or frames. In every frame, you can load a diferent html document.

So, if you split the browser window up in 2 frames, a small bar to the left of the screen and a main window that fils the remaining space for example, you can use the small bar to make a permanent menu to link to other part of your site.

Tables are just like the tables you can make in word, only this time, they are made so big, they fill up the hole page, and are used to make a nice lay-out.

Frames may indeed stop website's like google to index your website the right way, because google can not read frames. But I think, (haven't tried it myself) if you use the <NoFrames> tag in your frameset ducument, you can solve this problem, although this might be a little hard if you have no html knowledge.

Yea, ok... that went in one ear and out the other LOL. Ive added more this morning and some last night. Do any of you have a link to Barry's website, I think I'm gonna reference him.

Nice start Wesley.  I have recently changed my webpage from PFT hosting to Brinkster.  Now I have 15X as much space!
biggrin.gif
  Here's mine- http://www27.brinkster.com/snowyfalcon.  Do you want me to post a link to your site from mine?

SF

Hmm, it wouldn't let go to it.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Hmm, it wouldn't let go to it.
That is because SnowyFalcon's link has a period at the end. Remove the period and it works.

Aaah. Sorry about that. It has been fixed.

SF

Snowy, pm'd ya. Hey does anyone want their webpage linked to mine? If so pm me or post their web address. thanks.

Back