Likes Likes:  0
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Music

apple rings.. what more can i say? FlytrapGurl's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ????? Neither Mom nor I ever said we hated new Country.. if she and I love Kenny, then she and I love new Country. *smiles* Simple enough now?
    Liquid Plummer
    Warning: Do not reuse the bottle to store beverages.

apple rings.. what more can i say? FlytrapGurl's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well nevermind.. I just read that first post fifteen more times and it finally makes sense to me [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img]

Simple symbol of my blondeness..

Whew.. anywho.. oh, and no, I don't think you're a hypocrite just because of that. I'm not like that. I mean, I find it extremely hard to form a friendship or bond with someone who hates Country, and it has never worked. It just won't work. But you like Country, so that's good. It doesn't matter that you like John Mellencamp too. I mean, I truthfully am definitely not a Mellencamp fan. Something about him I just don't like. But that doesn't mean I think you're a hypocrite. I mean, my mom is a huge rock fan, especially Def Leopard. But now I get the vibe that she is a even bigger Kenny Chesney fan, and that scores huge points with me, so it's all relative! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/cool.gif[/img]
    Liquid Plummer
    Warning: Do not reuse the bottle to store beverages.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Understood.
    [img]http://home.**********.com/users/pondboy/Neps/Neps%20sig..JPG[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like anything political (Anti-Flag, NOFX, Propagandhi, etc. (not anarcho-punk though)). I also like bands like Weezer and The Weakerthans. No teeny-bopping music, that's for sure. I love Iggy Pop (+ the stooges), Velvet Underground, The Ramones, the Clash. As for Japanese music, I only like X-japan, hide (pronounced hee-day), and zilch (all bands with hide in them). Jazz is cool...

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Shokuchuu - how do you know those pre-punk / new wave bands? They're way before your time. I am fond of them as well - especially the clas & Ramones. Love I Wanna Be Sedated & Train In Vain.

FTG: How can you not like John Cougar Mellanhead? One of my favorite singers of all time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, Jimscott, I figured I had to find the roots of the music I listen to in order to understand why and how it surfaced. Also, the people I hang around with and myself are not the mainstream children. "Please Kill Me" is a great book to read to learn about all the underground people in the 70's. It's kind of like Jazz, it's always new.
    I'd like to add that I despise "pop-music" (don't know what's so popular about it) with songs 10 seconds long that repeat themselves over and over again (no riffs, no bridges) for 10 minutes...

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Shok - How 'bout Lou Reed?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (jimscott @ Feb. 18 2004,00:59)]Hey Shok - How 'bout Lou Reed?
    Gotta love the guy...
    Like I said before, I don't like mainstream, corporate music/media (i.e. britney spears & co, linkin park & co., etc). These are usually the bands on "M"TV.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast