What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

sensative plant

It has lost alot of leaves in the past month, it sends out new shoots and they leave for acouple days then the leaves turn yellow and they all fall off. now it just has new growth just from the top and nothing at the bottom. is this normal behavior for this time of year?? should i let the soil dry out or still keep it moist??

Thanks

are you playing with it's leaves? They do that when you play with there leaves.

I could be wrong, but aren't they annuals? All 4 of mine died when winter came along.

Yea they are annuals. You should try to keep them above 55-60 deg. F. with kind of high humidity. Also make sure you don't over or under water it. They're not very tough plants and are kind of "sensitive."

-buckeye

It might be root bound. I have my biggest in a nursury grade 1 gallon pot. This one is the Large variety from Indonesia and is about 2 feet tall, starting to catchup to my Brugmansia! (Angels Trumpet). Make sure they have plenty of water too, mine are worse than Sarracenia! (Ok not that bad.
wink.gif
)

well guys its just alittle sapling -twig-small plant about 6inches long. my girlfriend likes to touch it.....
sad.gif
i'm sure thats not helping it out.... once spring hits it should be back to normal then??

thanks again

read the old topics in the miscellaneous plant forum , thats should help you , i believe there annuals , they are'nt very sensitive but hate root distubance , thast why you need a really big pot , such as a 6 inch or more but playing with their leaves won't disturb them in anyways . quite tough plant tog row for such a weed in other countries .

Back