Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: looking for inexpensive Ro (Reverse-Osmosis) unit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]So some unit's come with out pressurized watter bin?
    does that affect the quality of the purified water?
    I don't think so. The tank is only used to store the pure water for use. Usually systems with tanks are sold to be mounted under a sink and used for drinking water. I would guess the tank keeps the water safer for human drinking use than a system with open ended lines. But the unsafe microbes that can grow in an open bucket of ro water are only harmful to humans, not to plants.

-buckeye

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The issue for me is that the tanks hold a gallon-plus of water that is available at any time. What is the flow rate on one of the units without the tank? Isn't it just a trickle? I understand if you fill up a tank or bucket it's the same, but don't you have to be around to keep an eye on it so it doesn't overflow (unless you have a shutoff floater valve like a toilet)?

For me, the tank is preferable for the convenience. I can get over a gallon of water at any time, without having to do anything.

Capslock
    Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium

My photos are copyright-free and public domain

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]What is the flow rate on one of the units without the tank? Isn't it just a trickle? I understand if you fill up a tank or bucket it's the same, but don't you have to be around to keep an eye on it so it doesn't overflow (unless you have a shutoff floater valve like a toilet)?
    Yes it is just a trickle. Usually it take a few hours to fill up a 5 gal. bucket. And yes you do have to keep an eye on it. The first time I used it i hooked the filter up to the sink in the room with our washer and dryer. I forgot about it and quite a bit of water overflowed and ran under the washer. So I started hooking it up in the basement instead. Now if it the bucket overflows it just drains into the sump pump hole.

-buckeye

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i will be sure to try an buy one with a tank hopfully that that wont up the cost much at around 300$ on plants this xmass has left me with increasingly little money to spend =>
    Steven S.
    21 ST. Benedict Circle Stamford C.T. 06902

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For a couple of bucks more, you can get a 85 gpd revese osmosis unit with the tank. Revese osmosis system with tank

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shoot, I saw some for about that price listed at an orchid website, but I forgot to book mark it. I sugest you look at orchid sites for advice, their are a lot more of them then cp sites and since they also usually need distilled water and similar growing conditions to cp's overall, I find them a great resource.
    There is no item greater in value than life, for without life value would cease to exist.
    My Grow List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This forum has been the single greatest web page i ever visited for info an links to cp an cp related stuff! thansk for the great info an links guys/girls!
    Steven S.
    21 ST. Benedict Circle Stamford C.T. 06902

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12