What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

would you guys still ?

would you guys still grow Cp's if we all found out they werent carnivorous. I had a dream about this the other nite i would say yes i would still grow them what would u say ..?
rock.gif
?

I believe there was a post like this not too long ago.... my answer would be yes. These plants have hooked me on their beauty. Now, would I ever have started growing them if they weren't carnivorous? Probably not.

SF

Yeah before i made this post someone said there was something like this but i wasnt around then so i wanted to bring it back up to see what other's would think

I'd say no , if carnivorous plant were not carnivorous then i would not grow them , but if we found out that the plants of today are not carnivorous then yes , i'd stil grow them , but if they were'nt carnivorous then they would have to have a different characteristic too . so i don't really know what my final answer is on this .

Hmmm, it was the novalty factor that made me get my origenal vft's, but now that I know CP's are out their, even if they should not be carnivorious I would still grow them. I don't really feed mine anyhow ;)

Now if they were just normal plants and I never got to see them because of that, no I wouldn't grow them. But I would have latched onto some other plant that I thought looked cool. Probubly orchids... or go back to the ones that make baby plants on offshoots like spider plants... wait I might of found CP's that way if I had... hmmm. Don't know... my grate grandma's (all of them) grew african violets. Maybe I would have picked that up. Who knows o_O

Back