Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Avatars and such

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (0zzy @ Jan. 10 2004,22:39)]The flytraps in this pic has a wierd color.
    http://www.geocities.com/gemwhite/CP/3vft.JPG

o_O why do you say that? It isn't the darkest flytrap in the world, but I never thought of it is weird.
    There is no item greater in value than life, for without life value would cease to exist.
    My Grow List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    actually, the geocities problem isnt the link..cutting and pasting wont solve the problem..
    yes its true geocities wont allow you to post an image directly into a forum, but the links should work..the reason they dont is..well..the reason is that geocities sucks..

If more that 2 or 3 people in one hour try to look at the same geocities image, or webpage, geocities will declare you "over the (bandwidth) limit" and lock your page..there is nothing you can do to view the page again except wait..even the owner!
    thats why we cant see those geocities photos.."too many" people have tried to look at them, the account is locked..
    I think it takes an hour or so..then if 2 people look again withinn 5 minutes, you get locked again!
    (im exaggerating slightly! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif[/img] I dont know the actual limits..but its REALLY low..)

Geocities is about the worst webpage host ever..
    its fine if you want to have one visitor a week..other than that, forget it..

and technically, posting links to your geocities photos in another forum (like this) can get your geocities account canceled outright, with no warning, losing all your content forever..because (in their eyes) you are violating one of their rules.."Using GeoCities for the sole purpose of storing files."
    It has happened before..
    like I said, Geocities sucks beyond belief..

Scot

VFT and Drosera lover vft guy in SJ's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok thats pretty much what you told me when I tried to use Geocities for my web hosting. I knew there was some sort of hit limit but I couldnt remember what it was. Im curious then why it let me see the pics when I copied into a new browser but not when I clicked the links directly. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/rock.gif[/img]

Steve
    There are only 2 infinite things... the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not too sure about the universe.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12