What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New heli song

I needed a 5 minute break from work. I'm sure this could be better, but I don't care THAT much. It's to the tune of The Presidents of the United States of America's "Lump" song.

Clump sat alone in a boggy marsh,
Totally motionless except for her parts
Mud flowed up into Clump's pitchers
She totally confused all the passing pirahnas

She's Clump, she's Clump
She's in my head
She's Clump, she's Clump, she's Clump
This heli might be dead

Clump lingered last in line for brains
And the one she got was sorta rotten and insane
Small spoons so sad that insects could land
Is Clump fast asleep or rockin' out in the spag?

She's Clump, she's Clump
She's in my head
This heli might be dead

When Clump was limp and lonely and needed superthrive
Clump slipped on a toad and tumbled into a dive
She spent her twenties between the sand
Life limped along at sub-sonic speeds

She's Clump, she's Clump
She's in my head
This heli might be dead

Is this Clump outta my head?
I think so
I think so
I think so

rock.gif

lol Michelle.
smile.gif
Too bad I don't know the Clump song...I had to make up my own tune.
rock.gif

Lol Suzanne.. believe me its a HUGE improvement over the original. You havent missed much not knowing it....

Nice job Michelle
smile.gif

Steve

These reactions somehow resemble those to a similar post. . .
CP songs- thats interesting.
So what's the story behind the lyrics?

PAK, check out http://www.rollingstone.com/reviews/cd/review.asp?aid=71179&cf=21 . I don't know if RealAudio lets you hear the full song or not since I refuse to install it.
tounge.gif
But if not, email me. You sort of need to know the tune.

Story behind it...not much. I have a tiny heli heterodoxa x minor clump that I'm always worried about since it's my only one. I think the new car smell and the new office carpet are getting to me.

Uhh, do you need to see someone
rock.gif
tounge.gif
LOL. No, it was good for such short notice.
biggrin.gif
laugh.gif

I liked it: the allegorical journey where the author transposes the lack of biological merit onto the gamut of adult experience: the "Mud" of mundane existence filling the awaiting "pichers" designed to entrap more sustaining prey (which now has no place to fill) while the passing "piranna's": (self serving protagonists) refuse to understand anything outside of their own perogatives. Like the Heli subject, our fleeting 20's are spent "between the sand" after "slipping on the toad" in consequence of confrontation with the ugly side of our own human nature cojoined with the subject "Heli's" frail and endangered existence in an oft times harsh environment ("rotten and insane"), and lack of proper life assurances. It is a tale of pathos, redeemed only by the final uncertain exorcism of the synonomnity that unites the author, perhaps irrevokably with "the Clump": "Is this Clump outta my head?
I think so.... "

I await the next poem with keen interest!

LOL Tamlin, you make everything sound better! You should have people pay you to write recommendation letters
biggrin.gif

Perhaps you've had more fumes than I have today?
rock.gif

I learned how to do this in an upper level English course in college. I swear I could write a three page analysis of "Three Blind Mice" and relate it to the current geopolitical climate, the AMA, and several world religions. The truth is, I really did like the poem. Please continue!

Back