What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Charcoal filtered water

Will it work? as I understand it the filter we bought also removes the majority of minerals...
as for the second it's the better than tap water and I have no distilled...(Up to this point I've been relying on rain water but lately there has been no rain)

thx in advance

I'd re-read the fine print that lists what is removed just to be sure that they aren't over-generalizing. I use a PUR water filter. The only minerals it lists that it reduces are lead and mercury. The rest of the list consists of chemicals that tie your tongue in knots when you try to say them
tounge.gif
along with chlorine and cysts.

Hi,

Charcoal filtering alone will definitely NOT make cp usable water. All the calcium will remain in the water if you are starting with hard alkaline tap water. Some places in the Bay Area have soft acid water right out of the tap so you might try testing your tap water for hardness (GH), alkalinity(KH) and pH.

Bobby

Yes,and if you use a charchol filter and forget to change the cartridge all that toxic "gunk" from mineral buildup will be concentrated in the water,and will do lots of damage.:(

Back