What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My profile

• Thread starter bouncer67
  • Start date
Is it me or does anyone else find it strange that you are only allowed 15 characters for your signature and 25 characters for your interests. Yet the text box to type these into is quite large and even has scrolling arrows. I have seen other members use more than 40 characters in their signature. What's up with that?
blues.gif

The admins decided to limit it, because the feature was being abused. Some members have longer signatures because theirs was in place before the change took effect, and have not edited their profile since then.

Edit: homophone, oops.

Bouncer67

Are you a bouncer at bar?
smile.gif

I think this must be the most popular question brewing the last 2 months or so. Dido what Trashcan said.

Travis

I really want to edit my profile, but i can't because of the darn 15 character limit! i dont wanna loose my old sig!
wow.gif

Same for me! I love my sig but, yet also want to edit my profile. So I am keeping my sig, and OLD profile. To bad they can't make the sig. limit like 50-100 characters.
mad.gif
sad.gif
Oh well, they know more than us "simpletons".
wow.gif

Wes

Wesley,

No one here is any more "important" than anyone else. I explained why the signature limit was put in place, it has nothing to do with anyone being a "simpleton" or any less important. The feature was being abused, unfortunately. Sorry for the inconveniance.

I didn't mean anything. sorry
sad.gif

...just be happy A signature is allowed. Even though much can't be said.
tounge.gif
I think it'd be funny if they moved it to seven. And see what people put there then!
Andrew

funny... interesting

Spec, no offense, but your signature does start to clutter up a post after two or three times... Just an opinion.
~Lithopsman
biggrin.gif
smile.gif
unclesam.gif
cool.gif
(what about the 5 emotion limit?
wow.gif
) (oops, that's 5!)

yah , hes right you know spec , but it also sucks
mad.gif
that only 15-25 characters are alowed for sigantures and profile info , if there was a poll to get this back then i'd vote .
unclesam.gif

Personally, I don't think Specs sig is onerous in any way. You can add photos and any text you want in the message body, so what's the difference if it's below that dashed line?

Anyway, it's no bid deal either way. I'm just grateful the forums are here at all.

Capslock

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Anyway, it's no bid deal either way. I'm just grateful the forums are here at all.
That's 100% right. I just like having the forums.

I wonder if I can change my sig above my avatar without screwing up my sig below. Anyone?
rock.gif

Travis

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Travis @ Jan. 17 2004,11:50)]I wonder if I can change my sig above my avatar without screwing up my sig below. Anyone?
rock.gif

Travis
Any changes you make to your profile will cause you to have to get under the character limits on the other things. If you want to keep your old sig dont modify your profile.

Steve

Well, there you go...
smile.gif
Thanks for thee info.

How does one get a quote above the avatar like so many of you have?
blues.gif

By the way, my wife and my friends think I am becoming obsessed with this CP stuff (my larger tank and Nepenthes are on the way). I think they are just jealous. Is anyone else getting this kind of flak? My neighbors think I am getting creepy and my boss called me a "ghoul" because I was trying to catch a meal for my VFT at work.
ghostface.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (bouncer67 @ Jan. 18 2004,01:33)]How does one get a quote above the avatar like so many of you have?
Go to your profile page and fill in the box called "Custom Member Title"
smile.gif

Steve

lol Bouncer.
smile.gif
Welcome to the addiction. It happens to everyone. Don't worry...its quite normal. For some reason it doesn't seem to fall on the same level as being a golf addict, a football fanatic or a knitting maniac. Those kinds of hobbies are ok...loving your CPs is looked upon as odd and a little creepy to some folks. But I say...love your plants, collect and expand, enjoy them and be proud to say...

"I LOVE CPs!"

Suzanne
smile.gif

Back