What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Oh the heat!

• Thread starter larry
  • Start date
Talk about the grass always being greener, I'm jealous of you guys that are getting some cold weather. It's about 32C here AGAIN today, same as it has been for the past 11 years that I've lived here thoiugh it has, on occasion, dropped down as far as about 26C which is when we break out the sweaters.
I love snow and I'm sure so would my kids if they could see it.

Troy, in Bali
tounge.gif

lol larry , yah it is quite warm here , i'm experiancing temperatures between 75-85 degree heres and in my outdoor terrarium it reached 100 degrees the other day , quite warm . but late at night and early morning its is ******* cold , around the 40-50's . too bad i did'nt leaves all my plants outdoors except of putting them in the fridge .

In western KY we would have days of 60 degree weather, and then BAM! The next day in the 30's. I think my school should have a pity snowday. It hasn't snowed at all this winter, and last year at this time we had a few inches layered with ice.

CP2K, the weather is different a few miles over! The d x carbarup was going to produce gemmae last week, and now it's flowering!
mad.gif
Except for my sarrs, all of my plants are completely confused. Bah...I'm going to turn on my mattress warmer, I'm wearing thick sweats and am shivering - it's 2am and 65 degrees in here!
laugh.gif

I think it is around 20 degrees here in Michigan right now and snowing. I am thinking if it warms up to 45 I will be busting out my summer clothing.
tounge.gif
I will have to remember to wear my 4 dollar sun glasses
cool.gif
so I do not get snow blindness.

Travis

[b said:
Quote[/b] (wickedthistle @ Jan. 17 2004,01:55)]- it's 2am and 65 degrees in here!
laugh.gif
Dang... time to break out the shorts and tank tops.... LOL
laugh.gif

Steve

[b said:
Quote[/b] (vft guy in SJ @ Jan. 17 2004,15:10)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (wickedthistle @ Jan. 17 2004,01:55)]- it's 2am and 65 degrees in here!
laugh.gif
Dang...  time to break out the shorts and tank tops.... LOL  
laugh.gif

Steve
That is swimming weather with a wet suit! lol
smile.gif

Trav

Thank you, Pyro, for your kind words of consideration.  Just next door in New Hampshire (ok, 2 doors down) they recorded a record low on famous Mt. Washington    -35* F.  Known for the worst weather in the continental US.  This cold is dangerous.  A woman was found dead in the snow on Long Island, NY (!).  They assumed she was walking for help after her car went out of control & hit a parked car.  The warnings were out for frostbite.  10 minutes in the wind chill!  Schools were closed for 3 days this week.  And you southerners want snow.  Snow is not pretty white fluffy stuff.  You don't know snow...
This probably sounds a bit harsh.  I didn't go out of my house at all on Thursday.  It was really **** cold!  January isn't even over yet & I can't wait for spring!

Amen to That!!!!!!
Spring is a long ways away for the north. Last year it snowed less than one week before June.
That freaked me out. I can't wait to get back home to the south where the weather is almost normal.

The way I look at it you can always put on more layers of clothing to keep warm. But to cool off there is only so much you can take off before there isn't anything left!

T

Snow is just one of the reasons my family lives in Florida and vacations up north!
biggrin.gif
I've been born and raised in the heat, so I like it much better than the continual bone chilling cold.

SF

Back