Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Oh the heat!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually, even in S.California, flytraps and sarrs can be grown outdoors year-round. I used to put plants in the fridge, but I have stopped doing that. My sarrs have not grown a pitcher for two month after they went into dormancy. Even though the temperatures are in the 80'sF during the day, the night temperatures is in the low 50'sF and my plants have not awakened from dormancy. In my opinion, photoperiod plays a bigger role than temperatures in the dormancy of my sarrs. Leo Song also has his sarrs outdoors year-round and his plants are gigantic.

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This a bad time for you guys to be teasing with how warm it is where you live. A couple of weeks ago I went back home to North Carolina. When I left the Carolinas it was 78 degrees. WhenI got back to ohio it was below freezing and snowing. Right now it's about 10 degrees and the wind chill is below 0. I hate the winters in North Carolina because they are too cold, Now I'm stuck here where the winters are ten times worse. I live about 1000 ft away from Lake Erie. Let me tell you the wind off that lake is extremly cold. The worse part about it is, most days I work outside. So I have to be in temps that are sometimes way below 0, and wind chills are 50 below 0, sometimes even lower than that.
    So all you you rubbing in how warm it is where you live, don't be surprised if you get a little "thank you" in the mail. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/mad.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hehe, I'm bad about the conversion from Celsius to Farenheit, but we are having -30 C here today, -50 C with the wind chilling factor, that's a kind of temperature you don't want to be stuck in your car in the middle of nowhere! (Anyway, there is few chances that your car ignition works anyway at this low [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/tounge.gif[/img] )

Admin- I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az. adnedarn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rather than talking about how not cold it is here... I would like to extend my deepest empathies to those of you where the extreme cold is happening (if your not liking it [is anyone enjoying it? ] ) and wish you all the safety in the world. I hope weather resumes to normal for you all soon.
    Andrew
    -Andrew
    Owner of TerraForums, FlyTrapShop.com, and cpforums.org.
    Support FlyTrapShop, support TerraForums! www.flytrapshop.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Talk about the grass always being greener, I'm jealous of you guys that are getting some cold weather. It's about 32C here AGAIN today, same as it has been for the past 11 years that I've lived here thoiugh it has, on occasion, dropped down as far as about 26C which is when we break out the sweaters.
    I love snow and I'm sure so would my kids if they could see it.

Troy, in Bali [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/tounge.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol larry , yah it is quite warm here , i'm experiancing temperatures between 75-85 degree heres and in my outdoor terrarium it reached 100 degrees the other day , quite warm . but late at night and early morning its is ******* cold , around the 40-50's . too bad i did'nt leaves all my plants outdoors except of putting them in the fridge .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In western KY we would have days of 60 degree weather, and then BAM! The next day in the 30's. I think my school should have a pity snowday. It hasn't snowed at all this winter, and last year at this time we had a few inches layered with ice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CP2K, the weather is different a few miles over! The d x carbarup was going to produce gemmae last week, and now it's flowering! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/mad.gif[/img] Except for my sarrs, all of my plants are completely confused. Bah...I'm going to turn on my mattress warmer, I'm wearing thick sweats and am shivering - it's 2am and 65 degrees in here! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/laugh.gif[/img]
    A flytrap ate my homework!
    -Michelle

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast