What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Oh the heat!

• Thread starter larry
  • Start date
Y'all freezin out there?  It's gonna be 82 degrees here today, hee hee  
tounge.gif

HIGH temp of about zero F today.. (thats negative 18 C)
windchill is negative 20 F..and thats during the warmest part of the day!
MAN its cold!!!
sad.gif

Scot in Rochester, NY

Must... resist... urge... to kill....
mad.gif

It's only 37 here in Virginia. Although for the first time in awhile I'm glad I'm not in New York.

Watertown (about 10 miles from me) made the national news with -31fahr. Not counting the windchill. Funny thing is it is usually about 5-8 deg. colder where I am but there are no national temperature monitoring devices out here where the cows are.

Tony

Boy, isn't it a nice day out? 73 degrees, a nice cool breeze, warm sun. Aaahhh!!!
wink.gif
biggrin.gif
This is the life!

SF
tounge.gif

I live in a climate with not too hot, wet summers &  warm, even wetter winters, pretty bad I guess...... Although it does supply me with enough water for all my plants year round.

Be very careful, all you Floridians....I have a ski mask and a plane ticket....
mad.gif

what about California....oh I'm absolutely Freezing in this 60-70 degree weather...
tounge.gif

I'm headed to California on the 22nd. Although I won't have any time to relax, at least I get away from the cold north...

But Schloaty, we've seen SO MANY of your pictures posted on the internet, we'd know who you were even with the ski mask. It's the ponytail that's the giveaway!

SF
tounge.gif
wink.gif

It's in the teens in Reading, PA. By the way, I'm really form NYS and I went to school in Plattsburgh. they had 21 consecutive days on January, where the temp never got over 32. I also spent 20 years of my adult life in beautiful downtown BUFFALO. I know cold. I know snow.

Yup, incredibly hot here in southern CA, but this can't possibly last
sad.gif
Still freezing cold in the mornings.

Larry...that was mean! lol I think you need a warning!
wink.gif

Its low 30s here now I think...not that bad. I think its supposed to go down to 12 degrees tonite. Which would be just fine if it would only SNOW!
sad.gif

you're not alone sliz,
tounge.gif

I'm freezing in this 65 degree weather on a miost, sunny day in california,

don't know how you guys stand -30 there!
tounge.gif

I'll be waiting for you, schloaty
tounge.gif
*takes out japaneese rice cutters*
ghostface.gif
Feel the burn!
tounge.gif

sad.gif
its not as good as you may think here in southern california- too warm for dormancy. I got some dormant plants today and put them outside- you can be sure they'll wake up quick!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (PlantAKiss @ Jan. 15 2004,18:35)]Its low 30s here now I think...not that bad.  I think its supposed to go down to 12 degrees tonite.   Which would be just fine if it would only SNOW!  
sad.gif
You're going to hate me SO much: Roanoek got a good 3 inches last week. It only lasted for three days, but it was a nice winter wonderland while it lasted
biggrin.gif

Actually, even in S.California, flytraps and sarrs can be grown outdoors year-round. I used to put plants in the fridge, but I have stopped doing that. My sarrs have not grown a pitcher for two month after they went into dormancy. Even though the temperatures are in the 80'sF during the day, the night temperatures is in the low 50'sF and my plants have not awakened from dormancy. In my opinion, photoperiod plays a bigger role than temperatures in the dormancy of my sarrs. Leo Song also has his sarrs outdoors year-round and his plants are gigantic.

This a bad time for you guys to be teasing with how warm it is where you live. A couple of weeks ago I went back home to North Carolina. When I left the Carolinas it was 78 degrees. WhenI got back to ohio it was below freezing and snowing. Right now it's about 10 degrees and the wind chill is below 0. I hate the winters in North Carolina because they are too cold, Now I'm stuck here where the winters are ten times worse. I live about 1000 ft away from Lake Erie. Let me tell you the wind off that lake is extremly cold. The worse part about it is, most days I work outside. So I have to be in temps that are sometimes way below 0, and wind chills are 50 below 0, sometimes even lower than that.
So all you you rubbing in how warm it is where you live, don't be surprised if you get a little "thank you" in the mail.
mad.gif

Hehe, I'm bad about the conversion from Celsius to Farenheit, but we are having -30 °C here today, -50 °C with the wind chilling factor, that's a kind of temperature you don't want to be stuck in your car in the middle of nowhere! (Anyway, there is few chances that your car ignition works anyway at this low
tounge.gif
)

Rather than talking about how not cold it is here... I would like to extend my deepest empathies to those of you where the extreme cold is happening (if your not liking it [is anyone enjoying it? ] ) and wish you all the safety in the world. I hope weather resumes to normal for you all soon.
Andrew

Back