What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I got a new microscope!!

• Thread starter buckeye
  • Start date
My new microscope came yesterday and it's really cool.  I'm still waiting on the slides and stuff to show up.  The site i bought it from said the microscope and slides ship separately, so hopefully they'll be here today.  I wish i could get one of those eyepiece cameras so i could post up close pictures of CPs and stuff, but unfortunately they're way too expensive.  Here's a picture of it:

Microscope.JPG

Does anyone else have a microscope??

-buckeye

Nice, yes, I have one, it's actually a toy microscope, but it goes up to 400x
smile.gif
I don't know when I got it as a kid, but am I ever tankfull for it now... Can't afford a camera eyepiece? HA HA! Try just holding it up to the normal eyepeice, or if you can't hold and click, then use tape. We do all sorts of taxinomical photography that way at my school, works great, and is even easier then using the attachment the school forked over the doe for.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Try just holding it up to the normal eyepeice, or if you can't hold and click, then use tape. We do all sorts of taxinomical photography that way at my school, works great, and is even easier then using the attachment the school forked over the doe for.

Really??!! I'll have to try that!!
smile.gif

-buckeye

Buckeye, I have used the method Darcie describes with the microscope at my workplace. It works ok (not great). It is better than no pics at all though. Just be careful not to scratch the camera lense if it's large enough for the microscopes eyepeice to touch it.

smile.gif

BCK

Nice pic Binataboy! I hope to look at a VFT leaf today and I'll try to take a pic of it.

-buckeye

Back