Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dormancy is over!

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anywhere near Gouveneur? (sp). Had some college (PSUC) friends from there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lake MI has been doing a good job of making snow this year too. My plants refused to go dorment on time this year >_< so they have only been underground since.... around the 20th of december. I'll probubly check on them this weekend... When I want spring, I don't wake up my old plants, I buy new ones LOL! So far this winter, 1 all red trap VFT, and a pile of plants I have not yet seen but are at my house from Copper (thanks again copper).... Oh and my pygmi from BCK.
    There is no item greater in value than life, for without life value would cease to exist.
    My Grow List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey guys,

When I was a kid back in 1966 we got 3 feet of snow for 3 days straight. That's 9 FEET of snow lying flat on the ground, not counting the drifting. Beat that! The drifts were up to the roof of our 3 story home at the time. Cars were totally buried: I mean GONE, and the lower floors of houses had no light coming in because the windows all were covered. It was like being on another planet. All the landmarks were gone and it was like something out of the twilight zone! You want snow, come visit me!
    "Grow More, Share More"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Blue skys here in Cali... I think we haven't had rain for a few weeks. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/tounge.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ice Dragon:

You don't derserve the name!!! Lol. Rub it in guy, I'll be thinking of you when the QUAKES hit old Cali, hee hee.
    "Grow More, Share More"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hehe, actually a year so ago they found a new fault that runs near or through my block so hey. Though when I walk to my high school at 6:30-6:45 it's cold, foggy, dark and frost every where. But yep nice blue skies lately and mild temps during the day ah yah... [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/tounge.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    JimScott,
    I live in Greece, the NorthWestern Suburb of Rochester.
    just north of Kodak Park.
    (I also work at Kodak..)

Tamlin,
    yeah, you guys over in Oswego actually have it worse generally than Buffalo or Rochester!
    I too am amazed when southerners say they WANT snow!
    well..what they really want is just one day of "fantasy snow" like in the movies![img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/tounge.gif[/img]
    where kids get a snow day, no one had to shovel, and no one has to drive!
    up here, 5 MONTHS of constant snow is not romantic in the least.. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/sad.gif[/img]

Tamlin,
    this reminds of a story from years back..and I think I just read you work at SUNY?
    Some friends of mine went to SUNY Oswego (this was 10-12 years ago)
    and I remember someone saying that sometimes there are winter days that are SOOO bad, that the college actually issues an alert saying that if a student weights *less* than a certain amount, they should not go outside that day! :0
    because the winds off the lake are so extreme, if they are too light they would be in danger from the winds!
    is that true or just a legend?
    Scot

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know if it is true or not, but being a scant 100Lbs and getting blown all over from lake MI winds I wish MY school would do that. I almost got knocked into a car one day... Course, we get the MI strait winds here, the most hazardest damaging winds in the WORLD! Not that they happen to that extent too often, but when they do, just prey your not in the path or your dead, or in a lot of pain flattend againced the ground under rubble. Litterally, NOTHING is left standing in the path of these winds. We had the first in 20 odd years I think last year maybe? I don't know, but it made earthquake and hericain sights look pretty. We are talking miles and miles of NOTHING LEFT! Very freaky... anyhow, our normal winds tend to be a bit stronge as well, lol
    There is no item greater in value than life, for without life value would cease to exist.
    My Grow List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast