What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pine Needles

jimscott

Tropical Fish Enthusiast
Nope, I haven't tried it! But has anyone ever considered putting pine needles in the CP media recipe?

Never done it but I know pine needles will make your cp mix very acidic.

My pine trees added them to my sarr pots for me. Since wild CPs often live with pines I figure it's all cool, but I would think it would make a better top dressing then being in the media it'self. Either way, my Sarr seem to color better with more needles.

I use pine needles whenever I can. They are a very good top dressing like Darcie said for pitcher plants and adult vft's. I used it this winter to cover my bog.

I use em for Bog cover like Ozzy and I also use them primarly for the soils of my terrestrial orchids C. acaule.

i have 2 types of pine tree's in my yard and i was wondering if it is any specific pine that will do? and if there is any type of pine that would be harmful to cp's?
i would like to use some as a top dressing in my 30 gallon Terra the ph level is not acidic at all and some of the plants in it seem to be growing unusually slow and poor more so than in years past. all other conditions seem to be good, with exception to the lack of acidic ph in the media.

thx for any advice.

dustin- those orchids i sent you were growing in primarily, about 90 percent, leaf mold, so you might want to add alot of that if you want.

I use them as the base layer in my little bog. They keep the water very acidic.

Joe

I use them as mulch on my bog.

Back