What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What do you consider room temperature

With all of this talk of weather, I was wondering what everyone considered room temperature, and what they prefer. I noticed that southern california folks seem to think that 65-68 is room temp, while northern california folks like it colder, 60 or so.

My house heater set at - 60 (hate it!)
My office 68 (still wear a sweater)
Preferred - 72 and up!

Well being in Northern Cali I suppose I fit your description lol.. I prefer low to mid 60s... anything over 72 and I start looking for the A/C switch
tounge.gif

Steve

The normal room temperature in my Lil' country across the big pond is +- 20C/68F. Summers are way hotter ofcourse
cool.gif

I preffer 70s but our heaters are both broken so night temps in the 40s!

Well,
In Texas, the opinions vary greatly, but since I can't speak for everyone, plus I've got all that Italian, so I'd say about 70*F in the day and about 60-68*F at night. I love the cold big time, yet I live in Texas. How ironic.
rock.gif
I'll stop now.
A very talkative today Lithopsman.
biggrin.gif
smile.gif
unclesam.gif
cool.gif

Room temperature is about 76 here. I guess I'm used to being warm in Florida!

SF

70 is room temp for me.
cool.gif

20C/68F is the registered "room temperature". Personally, as long as your confortable I call it room temp!

room temperature for south texas depends on how much money you have....since I'm on the lower side of the income slope my house is usually around 78-82 degees......
ghostface.gif
you people from cali have no idea what warm is.....
laugh.gif

Cali heat is dry...the humidity in Michigan is horrid during the summer months. I am sure ppl from FL know what I am talking about. SF?
wink.gif

I like it between 68-70. Any higher, and I get really really grumpy.

I keep my house at between 63-68 depending on the time of year. I have the furnace kick on at 63, and it only goes over 68 in the RARE hot spell in San Francisco. We have natural air conditioning and a built-in humidifier!
biggrin.gif

Capslock

I live in southern california and i lvie in the valley so my room temperature is always 80 degrees .

I prefer about 67-70 deg. Any warmer than that I think it's too hot inside.

-buckeye

I'm with you Buckeye. And when it hits 73 or higher the windows are opened to air out the house.

smile.gif

BCK

Snowy, your crazy.

68 degrees, set on a digital thermostat in my home. Only varys by a few degrees at any time.

Casper

laugh.gif
...well this has nothing to do with room temperature but I'll tell you anyway....

I was playing tennis in this National Open in Austin, Texas one year and made it to the quarterfinals....I had played three prevoius macthes to get to that point and the temp had been 95-102 oustide and about 115 on court.......after a 3 hour macth(that I lost
mad.gif
) I looked down at my shoes and thought I had some gum attached to it....but when I pulled, it turned out that the bottom of my shoes had melted....they had the consistancy of chewed gum....
laugh.gif
.....they were basket ball shoes(cause they never have size 15 tennis shoes) and aparently the were only intended for indoor use....I left about 1/8 of my shoes on the court!
laugh.gif

I prefer 26 deg C. Must be the Florida native in me.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Cali heat is dry...the humidity in Michigan is horrid during the summer months. I am sure ppl from FL know what I am talking about. SF?

Eechh! I sure do know about humidity. I felt like I was swimming through the air two days ago! High humidity is great for plants, terrible for us!
wink.gif

SF

Back