What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What do you consider room temperature

Slyfi, I had that happen to me too! Except I was in high school and it was in the first round of CIF (statewide champs) and I WAS wearing tennis shoes. It wasn't as bad as yours, but I could definetly tell that there was a burning rubber smell. I toe-slide on my volleys, and it would leave a trail like a pencil eraser on the court! My partner and I went through a half-gallon Coleman of water in the 2 hour match. LOL, the opponents were from San Francisco and couldn't take the heat. We won that one but lost the next round.
mad.gif

I do remember seeing heat waves coming up from the court and feeling that my legs were burning. Not fun.

I like upper 60's. Most people think I'm nuts because I prefer temps ~5 degrees cooler than everybody else. Hey, you can always add a layer, but can only go so far in the other direction.

I don't know about that "add a layer part." I can still be freezing with capilene and 3 layers on sitting in my 50 degree house. Fluffy slippers, beanie, and gloves to boot. That's how I got sick, and why my parents finally turned on the heat to 60. In southern california, you can pretty much get away with wearing almost nothing. Don't you guys watch tv? Think "Simple Life," lol.

Simple life? No, just reruns of Wonder Years!

That's actually a joke between jimscott and I, wonder years was filmed in my 'hood. The hills that you see behind the home are where I live - just a few miles away.

Back