Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tamlin/William Dawnstar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One of the nice ppl on the forums. Your knowlegde on cps is amazing! I envy you on your smarts and your wellingness to help others and willingness to give. Not many ppl around the earth that are like that.

I will never forget you giving me D. Capensis seeds back in the day. I was shocked just because I was new to the forums and this guy is giving me seeds. Little did I know that this person Tamlin is one of nicest people that I know. People are nice do not get me wrong but not many people give seeds to stranger on a forum.

Thanks,
    Travis [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img]
    \"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go.\"
    -- Oscar Wilde

http://www.nasarracenia.org/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile

How about *Dr.* Dawnstar? (Before anyone should take me seriously, thatís a joke.)
    How very sweet of you, PAK, to start such a thread. And you did so wonderfully, too. Those of us close to him know how tough it has been here lately. Yesterday it was just shovel, sleep, maybe find something to eat, then go back out & shovel some more. Actually, somehow William had the energy to also make some lovely warming ham stew. (Heís the cook of the house, as well.) We had a state of emergency declared here today & itís still snowing. I think everyone is probably familiar with the term Ďcabin feverí - we have been infected but we will survive.
    I wish I could gush & spout all this flowery stuff about how important & precious this man is to me but he is the poet - not I. I do know I count my blessings that my life in entwined with this manís. I have many warm memories of our time together since the day we first met on a snowy (!) day in 1969. Our lives have moved apart & together in many ways since then but they are together now until our time on this plane is over.
    I imagine William will read this thinking how he has everyone fooled Ė Ďthey donít really know me.í He could very easily have an inflated ego (he is pretty great!) But he doesnít. I think a person is known by their deeds. He has something here in which he believes wholeheartedly. He is one of those rare souls who practice what they preach. I have not met a more genuine person. I donít grow these particular plants myself but I just love reading what he writes about them & the other stuff, too, so thatís why Iím on this forum. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img]
    Restore our biosphere, create a new culture of kindness.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very True, the deeds speak of the person. Lavender, I have to tell you, that passage speaks well of you. Your doing just fine.

As to William. What can I say. He brews beer, grows carnivorous plants, has a great sense of humor, plays guitar and looks like he belongs at a blues fest. All too good. He is generous and he is my honorary mentor. Knock it off, your stuck with it. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/blues.gif[/img]

Thanks William.

There are a lot of good people here.
    I am just like a Super Hero, but without the power or motivation.................and the funky suit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tamlin is a very smart and cool guy , everytime i read his post i learn something new even though i can barely understand all that botany language and stuff . I'll never forget the time when he gave me gemmae of a few pygmy sundews , he works really hard to make other people happy . A man with a great sense of humor that brings joy to this forum to esperts or newbies , i hope he finds this topic and see how much people like him here in the forums . [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img]

Admin- I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az. adnedarn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    William took me under his wing a long long time ago. I am still not some great Drosera grower (or of any CP to be exact) but William has in fact helped me get to where I am now. Not only does he help me with my cps. But I talk to him about just about anything. And I like to say he talks to be about stuff in his life too. ( I've always gotten along with people older than me. :-) )
    So, to the man that is always there (I've even called him when he is in the middle of a "jam" and he took the time to talk to me): Thanks for being there man, you are a great friend--you always have time to talk even if I have nothing to say. And I'm not afraid to say "I love you man" cause I do. When I make a friend I hold them dear to my heart. And you will never freeze because my warmth inside runnith over. All over those in the few parking spaces inside my chest.
    Andrew
    -Andrew
    Owner of TerraForums, FlyTrapShop.com, and cpforums.org.
    Support FlyTrapShop, support TerraForums! www.flytrapshop.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    HUH

Am I dying or something? It's not my birthday so I don't know what this is all about, but gee thanks for the kindly words! If this is all about the listserve flaming that a certain well known dissident started (and I am fairly sure it is) you should know that I am not affected by other's opinions of my character or abilities, especially not what's-his-name.

This is what Oz gave to the Cowardly Lion: a testimonial! I have never had a testimonial, and it's pretty darn cool, so I encourage you to add what thanks you have to offer, if you would be so kind . I don't seek thanks or praise, and usually but the kibash on them when they happen, but maybe this time it's a good idea. My thanks to PAK for thinking of it, and to all who have responded. Who knows maybe I'll post it on the listserve since I have been asked to present my "credentials" there, lol.

"Grow More, Share More"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well William, you know my respect for you is beyond measure. The efforts you go through to educate, share, etc with people in the CP community is incredible.

Many people wouldn't have the opportunity to grow and learn without your input.

I for one appreciate your support... and willingness to support the forums, the company, and the growers here (and elsewhere).

Without people like you... this hobby would be left in the hands of people who would rather hoard rare goods than share with the world.

Thanks from myself, and everyone that works to make the forums flow!

-Phil
    Phillip J. Crane
    Austin, TX

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I don't know how much to attribute to Tamlin himself, but I do believe that him, and many others on these forums (Pyro, Dodecatheon, Phil, and many others) have probably changed the way many people look upon the hobby, through being so generous.

As for presenting your credentials on the listserv, Tamlin, why even bother? Those questioning your credentials obviously haven't done much research on them.
    To be honest, I am becoming more and more surprised that the listserv can compete with these forums here - it's just too friendly of an atmosphere here, with so many nice, friendly people.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast