Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Non-carnivorous plants

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow

My favorites are...

Cat grass: Very easy to grow from seeds and very attractive bright green foliage. Even a black thumb would succeed with this.

Winter jasmine (jasminum polyanthum): Vine with dark green foliage and sweet smelling white/pink flowers.

Ferns: Most every fern ^_^'

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I kinda like everything tropical, especialy if its big & colourlfull. I also like ferns. You know, those big, bad, jurasicpark-style ferns. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/cool.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like tasties - lime basil, dill, hot peppers, rosemary, etc. Ever try ranch dressing with a little extra dill? Mmmmm!
    A flytrap ate my homework!
    -Michelle

VFT and Drosera lover vft guy in SJ's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like anything that attracts hummingbirds. I have several fuschias that are usually loaded with big red flowers. Also in summer I grow a nice vine called Cardinal Climber. It produces scores of beautiful red trumpet shaped flowers that the hummers just love. I also grow lots of cooking herbs... basil, thyme, rosemary ect ect.

Cheers
    Steve
    There are only 2 infinite things... the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not too sure about the universe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aside from my Nepenthes I grow Aroids like: Amorphophallus, Dracunculus, Arisaema & Alocasia. Under my benches in the highland and intermediate chambers I grow Slipper orchids like Paph and Phrag species and Peurothallid alliance orchids such as Dracula & Masdevallia.

I'm partial to the weird plants and love anything that's strange either in it's leaves or flowers!

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh my gosh...that's a tough one. There are so many favorites. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img] But orchids and passionflowers are at the top of the list. Also ferns and woodland plants. Oh and hosta! I love hosta. Poppies, bleeding heart, foxglove, cosmos, coneflowers... I should stop. The list could go on and on and on...

Suzanne
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really like plants in the lily family. In particular, I like asiatic lilies and others like them, just because of the infinite number of color varieties (kind of like Sarracenia hybrids). I also like some of the lesser known members, such as Belamcanda/Pardancanda, Crocosmia, Ixia, etc...

I also enjoy N. American native orchids. Sure, some of those you see in conservatories are unbelievable, but nothing stops you dead in your tracks like hiking through a spruce swamp in northern Wisconsin and coming face to face with a mass of showy lady slippers in full bloom.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After much debate, I decided on Skunk Cabage because it's cool how it generates heat so it's flower can poke out of the snow first thing come spring time
    There is no item greater in value than life, for without life value would cease to exist.
    My Grow List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast