Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Another Sand Question

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While at my Saturday job at the Depot I checked out the greenhouse to see if they brought in any CP's - which they didn't - and came across a product that is sold for cactis plants. It is called Western Desert Sand, coming from a distributer called Hoffman, further described as Good Earth Organics Corp. Is anybody familiar with the product? Is it safe for CP's?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ] is called Western Desert Sand, coming from a distributer called Hoffman, further described as Good Earth Organics Corp. Is anybody familiar with the product? Is it safe for CP's?
    No you shouldn't use it. I emailed the company a few months ago and they said it was not free of minerals and salts. You could get some silica sand though. Silica sand is actually another name for quartz sand. You can find silica sand at many pool supply stores. Usually they call it filter sand. I think it was about $6 for a 50 pound bag at a store near me.

-buckeye

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you very much![img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img]