User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Making pic size smaller

Hot, humid Singapore....but unfortunately, in a flat 7 stories up, sunlight blocked by tall buildings.......
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey,
    whenever i post a pic, it turns out to br SUPER HUGE. how do i make it smaller?
    A lady went into a grocery store and looked into the turket section. She needed a bigger one for her family, so she asks the stock boy: \"Do these turkeys get any bigger?\"

The stock boy replied: \"No ma'am, they're dead\"

Msn/email - wezx1@hotmail.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yay! More photo's!! The easiest way is to post them on this site, which does the job of resizing for you.

http://www.cpforums.org/gallery/albums.php

Once they are downloaded, click the thumbnail to expand, and copy the URL. Use this for your photo post.
    "Grow More, Share More"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can resize it with a drawing program like Photoshop or Paintshop pro. I think u can even use Paint from windows itself, but I'm not sure 'bout that. Just open the file, search the menu's for an option called resize, and do your thing.

Edit: Or, you could use Tamlins site. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/cool.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just a small correction: the website given comes courtesy of Trashcan one of our Mod's here at TF, and is open for posting to anyone wishing to post photos. Many thanks for this site, Pat!
    "Grow More, Share More"

VFT and Drosera lover vft guy in SJ's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok I am going to explain how to do this with windows paint because its a standard windows program. If you need to know how to use a different program please post what it is and I or someone else can try to give you specific info regarding that program.

Ok using windows paint, first open the program. Then click "File" in the top left corner, and then click "Open" from the drop down menu. Then use the search window to find the pic you want to work on. Once you have the pic in paint, its very simple to resize it, simply click "Image" from the top middle, then select "Strech / Skew" from the drop menu. You will then see 4 settings, the top 2 are for resizing the horizontal and vertical, the bottom 2 are for pushing the image out of square. using the Hor. and Vert. settings, change the value from 100% to whatever % gives you the size that you want. After you get the image to the correct size, click "File", select "Save As" from the drop menu and save the pic. Voila!! resized picture.

Hope this helps
    Steve
    There are only 2 infinite things... the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not too sure about the universe.

Hot, humid Singapore....but unfortunately, in a flat 7 stories up, sunlight blocked by tall buildings.......
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks guys!
    Also, i had a pic of a flower stalk and i cropped out just the flower and saved it. Shouldn't the pic be smaller than normal? Its still super huge
    thanks [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img]
    A lady went into a grocery store and looked into the turket section. She needed a bigger one for her family, so she asks the stock boy: \"Do these turkeys get any bigger?\"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Tamlin. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img]

If the file is a bitmap file (ends with .bmp), or is a very high resolution picture, then even your cropped file will still be large.

If you have Windows XP, try this program:
    http://download.microsoft.com/downloa....tup.exe
    After you install it, you can click right click on an image in a folder, and click resize, and it will make a smaller copy.

You're also more than welcome to add them to the gallery.

Pat

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It works! all your info helped, thanks!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast