Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A really upsetting article

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I remember when I was 3 we had a black lab named jake,the kindest gentlest beast you could ever imagine. And one day he went missing and there was no way che could have gotten away he came back about 2 months later and was all mutilated and we had to put him to s;eep,aparently somebody stole him and used him for dog fighting or esperiments,so sad [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/mad.gif[/img]
    [img]http://home.**********.com/users/pondboy/Neps/Neps%20sig..JPG[/img]

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is true that animals are stolen both for dog fighting and for animal research and vivisection.

One way to prevent your dog from being used for research is to get him/her TATOOED. There are several benefits to this: 1) It is against the law for a research facility to used tatooed dogs. While unscrupulous research facilities may still take your dog, its a least a little something you can do against this. Its better than nothing. 2) Also if your dog is killed by a car or injured and the police find it, they are supposed to report it. 3) It can assist in identifying your dog if he/she gets lost/stolen

This usually costs only about $10 and there are tattoo clinics offered (they tattoo their inside hing leg).

My dog has been tattooed with my social security number and state his entire life.

Please get your dogs tattooed folks. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img]
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Admin- I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az. adnedarn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    P.A.K. good deal. The person who takes your dog will also be able to steal your identity and take all of your money.
    hehe. (I pray you never need to go through either of those things though)
    Andrew
    -Andrew
    Owner of TerraForums, FlyTrapShop.com, and cpforums.org.
    Support FlyTrapShop, support TerraForums! www.flytrapshop.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Please get your dogs tattooed folks
    That just sounds so weird.

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]my dog has been tattooed with my social security number
    I mean no offense, but why?
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For the reasons I outlined in my post. It prevents your dog from being used for research. That is what they recommend you put on the tattoo. If your dog is dognapped and taken out of state, they at least know what state he came from. It is a permanent form of dog ID.

A tattoo tells in no uncertain terms that the dog (minus a collar and tag) has an owner and that he/she is property of someone. Police can probably run down the SSN to find the right owner.

"Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tatooing your dog seems a bit extreeme. i mean that hurts right =) (i have lots and lots of tatoos, but never thought about taking my do with me to the parlor =) anyway, i have had my dog stolen once twice before, both times i went and got him back and no harm was done (to the dog that is, the guy that stole him the first time still wets his pants when he sees a tire iron and the second time it happened, i brought half the local polica force) i have an American Bulldog that weighs about 155lbs so he's game for them, but i have gotten him back both times, so either i am lucky or i know how to get things done. I have been reading a lot about the "tracking chips" that they can install in the dogs to make them traceable, and i have been looking into it but it is really expensive. kinda works like those bugs you see in the james bond movies, but the service costs quite a lot. Best way to keep your dog is to never let them run unsupervised and train them very well.

BoooOOOOooooo!!!!! unknownclown's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My dog has been microchipped I dont know if it would help or not if he ever got stolen. But since he's a pitbul if he ever gets lost and ends up in the animal shelter it could szve his life. they normally give the animals 3 days and if the owner doesnt step forward they will euthanize without even trying to give it a home. All pits here get put down no exceptions [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/sad.gif[/img] its pretty sad and scary. I once seen a momma in a kennel with all her puppies in another that were illegally kept at the indian reservation (its illegal to have pit on the rez). All were waiting to be put down cause obviously the owner couldnt get them. sorry I strayed from the subject. Anyway thats why I keep mine chipped. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif[/img]
    I am the weirdo who sits next to you on the bus!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The tattooing was no big deal. They did it VERY fast...the dogs were on and off the table in less than a minute. And they each got a treat afterwards and all the tails were waggin'. Didn't bother them a bit. They tattoo hundreds of dogs at each clinic.

For $10...I'd rather do it than not. You never know when it might save your dog's life or get him or her back to you if lost or stolen.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast