Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: A really upsetting article

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wink

I was web surfing and i came across this article called U.S. Dog-Fighting Rings Stealing Pets for "Bait"

I read it and it is a truly upsetting report about a crule sport that is growing in popularity.

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]But it wasn't until four years ago that the truth behind the killings emerged: Stolen family pets were being used in bloody training exercises by dog fighting rings.
    I beleive that it is true because it comes from a fairly respectable site

What do you guys think about it?
    that makes no logic

Admin- I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az. adnedarn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It is true. I live in Tucson Az and hear about it. Infact, just recently about 8 dogs were poisened by feeding them cheese with strict 9 in it (the dogs were in their respective back yards...). They still havn't figured out why that was done or who did it. :-\
    Andrew
    -Andrew
    Owner of TerraForums, FlyTrapShop.com, and cpforums.org.
    Support FlyTrapShop, support TerraForums! www.flytrapshop.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow thats really Sad [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/sad.gif[/img]

:: Ec ::
    http://Geocities.com/southerntropicals

http://www.geocities.com/southerntro...rewstsmall.jpg
    Welcome to S O U T H E R N T R O P I C A L S the nepenthes and heliamphora garden.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i couldn't bear to read the whole article right now (i'm eating dinner at this moment...) but that is seriously demented.

i still can't understand how the human can have such a capacity for unnecessary cruelness. that really bytes and it pisses me off
    Driver Found

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Time and time again i hear of people who think of nothing but themselves and the quick buck.

Case and point: Indonesia, where timber outside protected areas is becoming scarce, Illegal lumberers give politicians and guards some cash so that they can conveniently ‘Look the other way’ when the harvesters remove the trees, animals, etc. from the national parks. They can think of nothing but themselves. If that contnues there will be nothing left, and everyone will be out of luck.

some times i feel as if i could just
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A Vietnamese guy I worked with told me that twice his dogs had been stolen from his yard when he lived in "Saigon City" as he called it. The second time he saw the people making off with his dog, lasooing it and driving off on a motorscooter dragging his dog by it's neck.

Here in America such "kidnapping" of pets is also done second hand by the vivisection/animal research laboratories. It's not advertised but through those investigative reports shows, I've seen hidden video that they will pay $25-50 per animal "no questions asked" for use in cosmetic testing and other forms of non-critcal "research". Not too many people are willing to give up Fluffy to Mary Kay to have their eyelids cut off and mascara poured on them but someone else might be willing to take fluffy and hand him over for you.

The key is to be watchful of your pets!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I heard about this before and it is really sad [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/sad.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How about neutering as a punishment for the perpetrators of dog fighting?
    I'll bet the popularity of that kind of activity would drop dramatically.
    I have an old rusty carpet knife that I will be glad to donate. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/mad.gif[/img]

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast