User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 8 of 10

Thread: Alan Lowrie Seed List

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Central Coast of California
    Posts
    3,928
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Post

    hello,
    Does anyone have the new lowrie seed list, and alans contacts? I think there was someone from australlia did, but i can't remember who...

    Please PM me. Please don't start an argument anybody, about alan. we don't want another one of those big arguments for no reason here! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/wow.gif[/img] [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/sad.gif[/img] [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/ghostface.gif[/img] if you have anything bad to say, just pm me. don't start a riot. we don't want that. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img]

  2. #2
    Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia/Zone 7
    Posts
    10,335
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is absolutely nothing wrong with the expression of opinion and healthy discussion. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img] It is when a person(s) cannot accept someone else's differing opinion and starts making personal attacks that things can get ugly and of no useful purpose. Freedom of speech is a wonderful thing as long as it doesn't dissolve into a flame war of ugliness.

    Anytime anyone wishes to express an opinion...do so! Just be prepared to accept the fect that not everyone will agree with you...and leave it at that. Its called **TOLERANCE**...and we all need a good dose of that to keep this world running smoothly. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img]

    Discussion is always encouraged...we can learn from it. Just don't make it personal...and don't take it personally.

    My never-ending 2-cents in support of acceptance and tolerance of differences. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img] What can I say...I'm a peace-nik. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/cool.gif[/img]
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

  3. #3
    Odysseus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    341
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What would anyone argue about Alan for?
    Odysseus
    Wife and I in the Netherlands. Sure miss living out there.

    My growlist
    A list of beginner CPs

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Central Coast of California
    Posts
    3,928
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Post

    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Odysseus @ Mar. 01 2004,09:41)]What would anyone argue about Alan for?
    no reason really, but you know how the individual trouble maker comes by every 6 months ors o and makes trouble, well that happened last year with the lowrie list, i hate to bring it up...

  5. #5
    drosera guy
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Düsseldorf, Germany
    Posts
    310
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you do not like your VFT / Sarracenia getting poached, think about all the tubers "people" dig up in down under for sale...

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Central Coast of California
    Posts
    3,928
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Red face

    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (JanW @ Mar. 01 2004,10:05)]If you do not like your VFT / Sarracenia getting poached, think about all the tubers "people" dig up in down under for sale...
    that is exactly what i mean about starting an argument... people may, and will, misinterpret that.
    also, what does that have to do with alan lowries seed list? he doesn't sell plants, just seed. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/rock.gif[/img] [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/wow.gif[/img] (sorry, but i just don't want another one of them nasty gory arguments.)

    this topic may be best closed. if you have the list, PM me. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img]

  7. #7
    N=R* fs fp ne fl fi fc L Pyro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    4,844
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Spectabilis73 @ Mar. 01 2004,06:46)]
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Odysseus @ Mar. 01 2004,09:41)]What would anyone argue about Alan for?
    no reason really, but you know how the individual trouble maker comes by every 6 months or so and makes trouble, well that happened last year with the lowrie list, i hate to bring it up...
    That is not entirely accurate Spec

    Last years argument was not so much an argument about Lowrie as it was a personality conflict between some people.

    The arguments that usually spark over Lowrie are from the rumor that most of his tuber stock somes from wild collection and that his seeds are rarely viable because they have been kept in storage for so long (i.e. he never throws out seed that is a year or more old.)

    As Suzanne said, a civil discussion on the matter is allowed but if mud slinging or slander shows up then we Mods will do what we must do. So if you wish to say something along the lines of:

    'Every time I order seed from Lowrie I never get germiantion. Does anyone else have this problem?'

    That is fine. However, if you say:

    'Lowrie suck!!! His seed never germinates, he is just ripping people off to make a quick buck! I hate him and I don't think anyone should order from him!!'

    That would not be acceptable.

    You see the first one is inviting discussion where as the second is nothing more than a screaming and is just blatanly rude and uncalled for.

    Make sense?


    Oh, and Spec I have his contact info I'll PM it to you tomorrow



    'My love was science- specifically biology and, more specifically, when placed in a common jar, which of two organisms would devour the other.'

    See You Space Cowboy

    actagggcagtgatatcccattggtacatggcaaattagcctcatgat
    Hagerstown, Maryland

    --
    actagggcagtgatatcccattggtacatggcaaattagcctcatgat

  8. #8
    N=R* fs fp ne fl fi fc L Pyro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    4,844
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Spectabilis73 @ Mar. 01 2004,07:07)]what does that have to do with alan lowries seed list? he doesn't sell plants, just seed. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/rock.gif[/img]
    Actually Lowrie does sell tubers and plants. I have one of his cataloges.


    Jan,

    I understand the point you are trying to make but I could also reply with; Where do you think every plant in cultivatin originally came from? Someone had to collect from the wild at some point. There are times when it is acceptable.

    Is it wrong for someone to purchase a wild collected tuber? (I am not refering specifically to Lowrie here but I should point out that it is good to remember that it is only rumor that he wild collects.) What if that person has the absolute ability to grow and propogate the plant? What if that person works for a botanical garden and is going to introduce the tuber to TC for mass propogation. Is it still wrong then?
    'My love was science- specifically biology and, more specifically, when placed in a common jar, which of two organisms would devour the other.'

    See You Space Cowboy

    actagggcagtgatatcccattggtacatggcaaattagcctcatgat
    Hagerstown, Maryland

    --
    actagggcagtgatatcccattggtacatggcaaattagcctcatgat

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •