Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Passion Of The Christ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello,
    Has anyobody seen The Passion of the Christ yet? It is a very good movie, not one of those boring christian movies you fall asleep during on TBN. There is ALOT of blood though, and, seriously, if you are under 13, you may want to re-think going. Otherwise, it is a movie well worth going to! I was surprised to see a few 6-9 year olds watching it though, they had to leave early, it was too scary for them lol... It's also a good historic movie.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I saw it on opening day. I think it is one of the best movies I have ever seen. After the movie was over there was complete silence in the theatre. Everyone just sat there for awhile and then slowly walked out. I have never seen this happen at a movie before. Usually everyone is rushing to leave and throwing elbows as soon as the credits begin to roll. I went with my dad and we did not say a word to each other for about 15 minutes after we left. I agree with spec about an age minimum of 13 since there is quite a bit of violence. The movie almost follows the Bible exactly. There are a few things Gibson added that are not printed in the Bible. However, these things seem like they very well could have happened.

Some critics say that there is anti-Semitism and such in the movie but this is completely untrue. The Jews are no more responsible for Jesus death than you and me. He died on the cross to save everyone. The critics who say there's anti-Semitism in it simply do not understand.

I give it 5 stars and I highly recommend it to everyone who is mature enough.

-buckeye

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (buckeye @ Feb. 29 2004,21:31)]I saw it on opening day. I think it is one of the best movies I have ever seen. After the movie was over there was complete silence in the theatre. Everyone just sat there for awhile and then slowly walked out. I have never seen this happen at a movie before. Usually everyone is rushing to leave and throwing elbows as soon as the credits begin to roll. I went with my dad and we did not say a word to each other for about 15 minutes after we left. I agree with spec about an age minimum of 13 since there is quite a bit of violence. The movie almost follows the Bible exactly. There are a few things Gibson added that are not printed in the Bible. However, these things seem like they very well could have happened.

Some critics say that there is anti-Semitism and such in the movie but this is completely untrue. The Jews are no more responsible for Jesus death than you and me. He died on the cross to save everyone. The critics who say there's anti-Semitism in it simply do not understand.

I give it 5 stars and I highly recommend it to everyone who is mature enough.

-buckeye
    I went with my dad too... like you said, no one talked when the movie was over. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/wow.gif[/img] though, we didn't talk to eachother for about an hour. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/ghostface.gif[/img] one of the things that wasn't followed exactly was they nailed his palms to the cross, instead of his wrist.

***** I give it 5 stars too [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (Spectabilis73 @ Feb. 29 2004,19:02)]one of the things that wasn't followed exactly was they nailed his palms to the cross, instead of his wrist.
    Spec,

I haven't seen it, but I think you are saying that in the Movie they nailed his wrists but in the bible they nailed his palms. Is that what you mean? If so, then the truth is, is that the Romans nailed his palms, and then ALSO nailed his wrists. Otherwise, his body weight would have torn the nails from his hands.
    Odysseus
    Wife and I in the Netherlands. Sure miss living out there.

My growlist
    A list of beginner CPs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is getting kinda gory...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]I haven't seen it, but I think you are saying that in the Movie they nailed his wrists but in the bible they nailed his palms. Is that what you mean? If so, then the truth is, is that the Romans nailed his palms, and then ALSO nailed his wrists. Otherwise, his body weight would have torn the nails from his hands.
    In the movie they nailed his palms. When it happened in real life Jesus was nailed through his wrists. Nailing through the palms wouldn't be able to support the weight of a person. In the Bible it says that he was nailed through his hands but when the Bible was translated into other languages it was lost that hand actually meant both the hand and the wrist.

-buckeye

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont think im going to see it. Critics say its a "horrifying death trip" while churchgoers call it the best movie ever. Judjing from all the contreversy thats been going around about the movie, i tought it best to avoid it.

When someone friday asked me if i was going and i told them why i wasnt, they said some things that were most unkind.

Another reason not to see it.

Quote[/b] ]The critics who say there's anti-Semitism in it simply do not understand.
    Well i havent seen it so i wouldnt know, altough i have heard discussions on the news and stuff. But i think they are just parinoid. Well, sort of. The people who got mad at me when i said i wasnt going to see the movie said some things that did make me wonder about the subject.

In not trying to offend anyone here, im just saying what happened to me on the subject. If i offend, i give my apologies, it was not ment to.
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Finch

I have no comment about your faith but your comments concern me:

Quote[/b] ]The people who got mad at me when i said i wasnt going to see the movie said some things that did make me wonder about the subject.
    You sound like you have thought about whether you should see the movie or not and made a decision that is good for you. Do your own thing and be happy doing it.

Cheers, Troy.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast