User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Which religions are represented here?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    buckeye
    I didn't mean to offend anyone, I was jusy asking questions. I'm sorry I offended you, but I don't fully understand 100% Christians, like you not understanding people like myself. I wasn't expecting a belligerent reply, just some opinions. I do not have my head in any bible, nor was I born into a religious family, and I am grateful to my parents for allowing me to have a free mind. I don't necessarily lean toward science or religion in any extreme. And I don't believe scientists when they dream about a big bang and some of the physics of billions of years ago, because they just can't prove it anyway.
    As for the missionaries thing: I see the September 11th attacks as a direct act of hatred and terror. I didn't say anywhere that I believed these were some of the Missionaries' aims - I believe things just went terribly wrong. What I know as a Missionary is a person who passionately teaches those who want to learn and receive. Terrorists exist only to hate and be hated (but loved by others).
    I'm sorry again for offending you, but this is a learning process.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Jeremiah Harris @ Mar. 09 2004,17:30)]As for me I think it is much easier to believe in an all powerful God than to believe we evolved through billions of years, random chance and natural section.
    Does this mean you doubt the discoveries of ancient humanoid skulls? Or do you just not categorise them as our ancestors? [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/rock.gif[/img]

I agree that it is easier to believe in a divine force. Like I said before, I only go back in time to a certain point, then it goes blank.
    The only time I believe there must be a pair of eyes watching the Earth is when I look at orchids - how did they know what female moths smell like? How did they know what their surroundings looked like? I'd like to hear a scientific explanation if there is one.
    Again, this is the only time I question orchids more than Nepenthes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey all,

Not interested in getting involved in this debate, but I'm curious if someone could explain how dinosaurs fit in with creationism. Did God supposedly create dinosaurs, or did they not exist? Or something else?

Thanks,
    Pat

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello

Quote[/b] ]Does this mean you doubt the discoveries of ancient humanoid skulls? Or do you just not categories them as our ancestors?
    Well I have not seen one that is not 100% Human, 100% ape, or now known as a hoax. If you know I one I would be very interested to check it out.

Quote[/b] ]Not interested in getting involved in this debate, but I'm curious if someone could explain how dinosaurs fit in with creationism. Did God supposedly create dinosaurs, or did they not exist? Or something else?
    Yeah I believe God created dinosaurs just as he created every thing else. I think dinosaurs were in the Garden of Eden for less then 130 years (Adam was 130 years old when Cain was born) and in that time none (including the dinosaurs) ate meat.

thanks
    -Jeremiah-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wonder why humans are so special? Why did a human create everything? Seems odd now that humans are destoring everything that God created. It just boggles my mind...Did God create Mars too?

Travis
    \"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go.\"
    -- Oscar Wilde

http://www.nasarracenia.org/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What I don't get, is why religious debates always seem to fixate on evolution. I'm not critisizing anyone here, but that seems to happen very often. I hope this doesn't insult anyone, but I'd rather critisize the debate itself.

I don't understand how evolution disproves religion. It contradicts one point in the Bible, unless you believe God would create evolution to occur after that point. Personally, I don't really believe in a God. But, if I did, I would want knowledge of that God and what its intentions are, not debates over things prove or disprove the existence.

Personally, I believe in evolution. If there was evidence that disproved evolution, it wouldn't be considered a scientific theory. But even if evolution was disproved, it wouldn't make me believe in any God (or Gods), or book (the Bible). It would make me believe in whatever theory replaced it. Convincing people evolution didn't occur, even though so many people try it, really isn't going to convince anyone of a religion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello

Quote[/b] ]I wonder why humans are so special? Why did a human create everything? Seems odd now that humans are destoring everything that God created. It just boggles my mind...Did God create Mars too?

Travis
    God created humans in his own likeness (But that dose not necessarily mean God looks like us).

It is sad the so many people these days don't care how they treat this wonderful planet we live on.

Yeah I believe God created Mars and every thing else in space.

thanks
    -Jeremiah-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]What I don't get, is why religious debates always seem to fixate on evolution. I'm not critisizing anyone here, but that seems to happen very often. I hope this doesn't insult anyone, but I'd rather critisize the debate itself.
    The debate between Christians and Atheists boils down to a debate over the existence of God. If God exists, Christianity could be valid. If he doesn’t, then atheists can live as they see fit, without fear of eternal consequences. Christians point to the universe as compelling evidence for the existence of God. They state that the world around us clearly reflects the attributes of a powerful, loving and intelligent God. If they are correct, then man has a creator to answer to, and his actions must be measured against the absolutes set up by God when he created the universe.

In their desire to discount the existence of God, atheists strive to prove that the world is was not created, but was an random accident – that everything that exists on earth today evolved by chance. If atheists are able to prove that the Big Bang could, indeed, have happened purely as a result of physical laws and that life on earth evolved and survived purely by chance, then they could discount the existence of a higher power. Otherwise they must accept creation by design, with its uncomfortable implications as to who makes the rules, as a viable explanation and the logical consequences faced. Since the debate over creation by design versus evolution by chance is essentially a debate about the premises two contrary worldviews are based on, it is pivotal to the debate over Christianity versus atheism.

Hope that makes sense. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img]